1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion and Sexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by debushed, Sep 5, 2013.

1. debushed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It took me a long time to accept that I'm gay but I know that I lost my faith in my teens because of being gay even though I wouldn't accept it at the time. I was brought up Catholic and there are times that I want to get some kind faith back and I just don't know where to start. The anger I had for being gay is gone now but I just can't seem to get the faith back.

I saw this clip the other day and got this idea back into my head.

A Pastor Asks A Politician Why He Supports Gay Marriage. It Seems He Wasn't Prepared For His Reply.

Has anyone else been through this and came back out the other side with some kind of renewed faith or is it something that might just be gone for good?

2. Saint Otaku

Prayer -- deep, lonesome, thoughtful prayer -- is probably the only reason I'm a relatively happy person. I don't completely put my faith in the Bible, and accepting my homosexuality has caused me to lose some faith, but not all of it by any means. I recommend that you pray whilst reading the Bible, and form in your mind how you feel about it.

And while I'm skeptical of the ideology, this video has eased my heart somewhat, but I no longer take hardly anything for face value. The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality - YouTube