1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Woman Was Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hereforu, Sep 7, 2013.

1. hereforu

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am 24 years old.. And was googling advice as to why I felt no self worth. I then came across this site reading a post about an anonymous who felt similar as I did; but with a much bigger obstacle. They had trouble coping with life after coming out as a homosexual.

I read in tears as this person was pouring their heart out to any old stranger that would just listen.. That would have a willing ear.

My problem I feel, is that I will have extremely high confidence and think that I can take on the world. And then out of nowhere one day, for example, I will meet someone new and things will seem like they are extremely too good to be true and days later, I will have a gut feeling of anything negative and just shut down- feel as if I am not worth feeling happiness and end anything before it even begins so that I don't have to feel that rejection.

I read anonymous' post and felt so similar and on the same page, yet something was different. The difference was this person was feeling this way every day of their life. And my heart just broke into 30,000 pieces- not from pity but that knowing how it felt for a split second from time to time.. that someone else was feeling that awful ALL the time.

I just want to let anyone that is going through a personal obstacle either similar to Anonymous' or even if it is different.. I will stand strong for you. I will be here if you need that willing ear to listen.

Sincerely,
    hereforu <3 <3 <3

2. Nick07

welcome to the forum hereforu :slight_smile:

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi :hugs:

4. Ohhai

5. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Hello!!

Welcome to EC fellow straight person :grin:

Your case makes me remember mine and one of the reasons i got motivated to come here and sign up to EC.

This is a really good place. This is such a good support group and community, that even me being straight, i prefer this place for asking for support rather than a more mainstream place directed at straight people. (People are usually more open minded here, and many of them have gone throught so much that they have earned much wisdom). I initially came here to help , but i also gained so much good advices even while i wasnt looking for it.

Seriously:

I want dating advice? I come here
    Advice related to family or friends? to EC i go
    When i want to have a deep discussion about a complex deep topic? I come here.
    Difficult situations? i come here.
    And i can do that while also giving support to others.

EC is a wonderful place where you will laught, you will cry, you will learn, you will help, you will get help.

I hope you enjoy your stay :slight_smile: (*hug*)

#5 Straight ally, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  6. hereforu

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi, all!

Straight Ally,
    I'm so excited to explore this site. Just lastnight I was receiving advice from people who didn't even know I was asking for it. Everyone seems really sweet and loving here =]

7. Kaisoo

Wow, what a nice person we have here, welcome to EC, and thanks ☺