1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy likes me... but I'm a lesbian

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Reader, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So basically, there is this guy whom I am getting to know, but my friends think that he has a thing for me. Now I kind of half think the same.
    Am I over reacting or being naive? He asked for my phone number, then confessed that he had been trying to ask for a while, but was nervous. Now we are getting coffee together after classes tomorrow.
    For the record, I think he is awesome. We have so much in common, and is really sweet and intelligent. If he does feel more than friendship for me, then I don't want to hurt him. I have never been with a guy and cannot imagine having a relationship with one. I get it is actually unlikely that he does like me, but my mate has put the idea into my head! Any advice? :confused:

2. Werbinich

There was a girl that had once liked me (I have already been into men). I kindly told her that being friends would actually be more convenient and easy...although we are still on talking terms, we have somewhat drifted apart.

3. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The thing is, I have wanted to talk to him for a while- he is really great. And I want to get to know him better, but I am too scared to come out. Werbinich, how did the girl react? If you don't mind me asking?

4. Werbinich

Hmm, I'm not out to her yet, in fact I'm not out to anyone so I couldn't really tell you what you would like to know. However, the girl was one of my best friends and we know each other quite well and I would gladly know more, however, merely on the basis of friendship. We had reached an agreement for being good friends...despite our awkward 'incident'...for life and I am glad that I have her as a friend, one that I could actually share my feelings, except for the deepest, with. We grown apart only due to the fact that we go to different high schools after middle school. We still like each other's posts on facebook, though.

Yes. It is possible to maintain even a close friendship with someone whom you turned down, or turned you down IF you cherished your time together as friends. If the other desides to run away, it means that 1) he/she isn't worth being friends with or 2) if you were the turned down (a liitle out of topic here) the other is having confused feelings for you...

And you might not even need to come out, just like me, though I'm rethinking my ways now.