1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dreaded changing room! (school)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maea96, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I don't know why I am posting this, but I guess I just wanted to know if others feel the exact same way as me? (probably really do)

On to point..at school: gym, changing-room, showering.

Those 3 words are words that makes me go: not happening.
    Idk about you guys, but being gay and standing in the changing room and showering, is something that won't happen for me. Not only is it embarrassing to shower in front of others to being with, if you ask me. But being gay and standing there naked in front of men? GL with that I say.

I don't want to run around smelling like shit the rest of the day, but exposing me to that scenario? Please.

Also when I am changing clothes in the changing room, and the other boys takes off their shirts to change them, it becomes too much for me.
    I want to stare at their abs and whatnot SO badly, it's a bittersweet thing.

Input? Stories? Feedback? I'd love to hear it from you :slight_smile:

2. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one wants to share anything? Come on guys :slight_smile:

3. josh9623

as far as you, I don't know how things are done in Norway but all the schools I've been to there has been maybe one person out of 80 that showers and everyone else makes sure to put antiperspirant deodorant on before and after and use body spray to cover up any remaining odor. as for the other guys in the locker room, be cautious, while I won't recommend just staring blatantly at them, if you really can't resist just try sneaking glances at them when you can. how are your classmates about gay guys? would they react negatively if you got caught or would it be like a "ha ha, guess we know a little more about you now".

Also keep in mind that there are straight guys who will be looking to not necessarily for the same reasons but looking nonetheless.

4. BenW

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best thing I can offer isn't much help. I avoided Jr and high School.

Back in Webelos (in between being a cub scout and a boy scout), the camp we did our swimming badge stuff at had no doors to the shower stalls, nor any curtains. You had no privacy. No one else had any issues being naked around each other that I can recall except me. I think I was in my early stages of realizing I was gay and it was unacceptable for me to do. I wanted to look but didn't want to be called a fag.

It quickly got to the point where my mom would just drape a towel over the car seat and I'd wear my wet swim suit home because I couldn't stand to change around the other boys.

It's hot much help other than letting you know it's not uncommon to feel that way.

5. welshy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It can be a uncomfortable place the shower room after exercise, personally, once you get away from the penis size thing when you get older and more mature you soon realise that most guys don't really care about your body and just get on with their shower. I dont mind them tbh as its a chance to have a peak at some bodies and self control is important if you know what I mean, nothing worse than to get an erection in the shower with a load of straight guys. That was my main concern but I just found a way of controlling myself if this is an issue for you) take your mind of the fact and just carrying on washing yourself/changing. I find now that I can look for long periods at other naked guys without get the urge for an erection and still enjoy the view. And I have been caught looking and because they are boys with big egos I just compliment them by saying things like your muscles are bigger or how much you work out, this is because i know these people and what takes their mind off the topic of you staring at them.