1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How am I feeling?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ohhai, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Ohhai

I feel nothing at all. It's like being numb. I'm tired, so very very tired. I can't sleep at night, or I sleep loads, but still, despite sometimes sleeping throughout the night, I'm still tired. I'm tired after napping, but I often can't sleep.
    My moods go from calm and okay, to ridiculously angry. Always over small things, like an idiot driver or dropping something.
    I can't be bothered. There's no other way to describe it. Typing this out is taking effort. I just can;t be bothered to do it. Or anything.
    I can't eat. I'm drinking enough fluid to like, not die. BUt again, I can't be bothered to eat or drink. Even when hungry, eating takes effort.
    I'm lonely, but don't want to be around people.
    I feel sad. Not loads, just at the back of my mind, sadness is always there. Even when I appear happy.

What is wrong with me? :'(

2. Sardonic

First things first:

[​IMG]

Okay now that that's taken care of. It sounds like you're suffering from some depression stuff, in my own experience. As much as you don't want to be around people, force yourself to. I myself am headed to a birthday party in about an hour despite the fact that I'm still deeply conflicted about my feelings for one of the guests (he's straight, long story), am pissed off at 3 others, and know almost no one else going--and there's not hing I want to do less than go. But I'm going because I know that even just the distraction from my current inner drama will help me feel better, and you never know, maybe there will be someone there I don't know that I befriend!

It sounds tough but try and actively think yourself into a good mood. When you think "ugh I can't be bothered," "I just don't care," "what's the point," about stuff like eating, drinking, going outside, tell yourself you'll feel better. If you don't, at the very least being busy will keep you busy. That is to say, sometimes the best we can do is a distraction from whatever is bothering us. It's a good first step :slight_smile:

Support, hugs, and well wishes to you through this tough time :slight_smile: