1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with how my life is right now

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by JPC, Sep 10, 2013.

1. JPC

JPC Guest

It's quite safe to say that for the past few weeks I've been feeling pretty crap. I'm feeling completely isolated and cut off from everybody. I feel like I've lost a lot of friends seemingly out of nowhere and that there must be something inherently unlikeable about me that seems to drive everybody away. Today that all became magnified by a few incidents and it's made me feel like I'm completely disposable to a lot of people to whom I considered myself close.

When my mother phoned me today she seemed to be incredibly pissed at me for no reason. I haven't seen or spoken to her in a week and out of the blue she called me up to check in on me and had this horrible tone with me and almost made me feel that phoning to see how I was was a huge inconvenience to her. Then, I noticed on Facebook that my housemates from my last year at college , all of whom I've been close friends with since childhood, had just moved in down the street and were throwing a big party to which I was not invited. That actually hurt quite a bit as I thought we were close and them snubbing me out of nowhere is really confusing. Pretty much all of our mutual friends got invited as they sent the invitations individually on people's walls. To top it off, one of my few genuine friends here told me yesterday when we met for coffee that he was dropping out of college and moving out of the county.

I also found out that the results from my exchange year were not as good as I'd hoped and now I have to do a ton of extra work, on top of all of the work that I'm going to have anyway as a final year, to make up for the credits that I didn't manage to obtain while on exchange. It seems that everything that could go wrong, is going wrong for me right now and I'm at a point where I'm just really stressed out and pretty fed up of everything.

I just needed to get this rant off my chest because there's literally nobody that I can talk to right now.

2. Jay1983

Jay1983 Guest

Rant on.

All of us have downtime. I just had mine last week.

Regarding to your mother giving a bad call, she probably had a bad day or week. Some people like to shift off their bad mood to others so the others can feel bad too. Some people just don't know how to express their feelings in a proper way.

As for your friends, that understandably hurtful to experience. If you have the guts and curious, you can ask your housemates why they didn't invite you. Or you can just ignore and slowly move on with your life. I know it's not easy but do try.

As for the results, just stay forward. Don't think too much of the results. Just continue to study. If you feel like there is a hole that needs to be patched on and can be improved, do so. Just don't think too much of the previous results.

Thumbs up.