1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help... need advice for date tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Brightsky, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i met this guy online, he seems pretty cool and is pretty cute as well so i asked if he'd wanna get together sometime. he said yes and were going for coffee tomorrow.

I'm so nervous i can't think straight (no pun intended). I've never been out with a guy before so this is all pretty knew to me, and i am just really nervous. I'm sorta out, but the guy i'm meeting is openly gay. Is this something that i need to mention at some point, or just don't mention it and go with the flow. Also would it be better for me to pick him up or if we just met somewhere... Since i've never really gone on a date with a guy, afterwards should i just give him a hug, or go in for a kiss? or just a nice meeting you...

any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably best to just meet somewhere - then you don't have to worry about cars and how to leave at the end..

Go with the flow... He might ask "Are you out"... or "are you out to your folks". So just have your reply up your sleeve. And don't be embarrassed. Not everyone is openly gay to everyone.

Have some questions ready in the back of your mind ... in case there are any moments when conversation dries up !!!

Hope it goes well. Good luck !!!

3. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the tips bingostring. The date went well, we met for coffee and ended up chatting for 2 and a half hrs. Luckily he was much more talkative then me so there wasn't any awkward silences. We even made plans to meet again meet again next week. Yay:slight_smile:

Im still a but unsure of how long to wait before a bug or kiss, I don't want it to be random but at the same time I don't want him to feel like I'm not interested, I'm already kinda quiet n shy.... Any advice on that?

Thanks guys:slight_smile:

4. AKTodd

Casually work into the conversation that you're shy and never know how characters on TV or in books know when to hug or kiss on a date. That sort of gives permission for him to take lead on that.

You may also hit this sort of semi-awkward silence point where you're both looking at each other wondering if you should make a move. At that point you can sort of feel the tension and its OK to flat out ask if hed be OK with you kissing him.

Just some thoughts,

Todd