1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet other guys?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jaden, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Jaden

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure this question has been asked before plenty of times, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. As you may know if you've seen other things I've posted, I've only recently accepted my bisexuality. I've never been in a romantic situation with another guy before, but I would like to be. The thing is, I have no idea of how to talk to a guy that way. I've only ever talked to girls that way! And I wouldn't even know where to look. If I were to just try talking to a guy at a bar or out somewhere else who I thought was cute like I were to talk to a girl, and he turned out to be wildly homophobic or something, I'd be mortified. Of course, that stifles a lot of my efforts anyways, with girls also - the fear of rejection.

Any thoughts/help?

2. Saint Otaku

From what I've heard, bars are mostly a place for "fun" -- in all its contexts -- and you'll be unlikely to find a serious relationship there. Staying connected to the LGBT community, via its various organizations, will provide a far better opportunity for creating friendships that could potentially become something more than a friendship.

Remember, you must put yourself out there, don't be too bashful, but don't obsess!