1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't stand being all feminine anymore!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by swifter, Sep 13, 2013.

1. swifter

swifter Guest

i know this will sound hypocritical, because i see nothing wrong with other guys being fabulous! but i just can't stand the way i act anymore! i'm physically male and i've always identified as a male, but ever since kinder garden people have been looking at me all freaked out, and calling me a diva, queen, girl, sissy! i usually don't care, but it just makes me feel weaker as a male. ever since i heard the word "gay" in grade 6 and saw information about the gay community my physical strength and confidence diminished and my sexual orientation became even more obvious! i love my sexual orientation but where i grew up, people like me were treated as bad as the russians are treating their own people these days so i was afraid to even speak, fearing i would sound all girly.

i play sports, i love my loose boxers, i have the worst sense of fashion ever, i'm not that clean with my room, i hate makeup, i'm tidy enough (for a guy), but my mannerisms are feminine. I can't protect my partner because i will sound like Tyler Oakley (he is amazing though!) and i'll just get mocked at and/or beaten up, that would make me feel anything worthless than a pile of crap. i never liked my girly side (every time i look back at my childhood i think of how girly and feminine i was!) it makes me feel vulnerable.

what do i do? what are your thoughts/opinions/disagreements?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're a guy, you're a guy. If you're a girl, you're a girl. If you're in-between, neither or all at once, then that's that and I'm eating cheerios (I really am).

Don't worry about how you "should" act. Act naturally, be you, and the rest will come. If people hate you, they hate you. If they speak out their hatred, then that says more about them than it does you.

3. Joey4

You only hate things about yourself because of your perception of how everybody else feels about those things. If you were the only person in this world, you wouldn't hate those things. You wouldn't even know you were different.

Get in where you fit in. You're still young. Once you get a little older and get out a little more, you'll find your crowd of people just like you.

You need some confidence though. Pick up some skills and do some things well and it'll take your mind away from you while also heightening your confidence.

4. AKTodd

Along with the excellent advice about just being yourself and accepting yourself, you could also look into martial arts. Orientation and mannerisms have nothing to do with your ability to learn and apply the relevant techniques. And, speaking from experience, being able to look at even a really big guy and know just what combo of moves it would take to maim or kill him does interesting things to your perception and confidence.

You'd probably want to do some research to find a style and club/school/instructor that appeals to you.

Just a thought,

Todd

5. Gen

Gen

(*hug*)

Being feminine as a male in our society at the moment is easily of the most scrutinized social categories to full under. You're never going to be happy if you waste away your life trying to convince all of the seven billion people on this Earth to approve of you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you.

And I can guarantee that there is a child being born at this very moment, who will go through the same obstacles you are facing now. We say to be yourself for yourself, but that isn't the full reason for which we are obligated. Its important to be yourself to make a statement that there is no reason why you should be anything otherwise. We are not going to make things better for the rest of those who are and will go against societies standard on gender if we continue to fall weakness to conformity.

Tyler Oakley is 5'5" and 165 pounds from what I just googled, which makes us the same height and me nearly twenty pounds lighter. The hell we are defense-less, we just have to be more resourceful. Height and muscle is overrated. Those are not going to protect my attackers when I cut them with my knifes or strangle them with my scarfs. They can keep their scales and measuring tapes, but you can't weigh crazy! ^_^

6. swifter

swifter Guest

well i've always heard what other people have to say about me, part of me doesn't give any of the f*cks, while another side of me gets the insults as a sort of "advice" (e.i. guys all around me told me to grow up, and be more mature, more like them, because i was so childish, so i did. i developed my maturity and never really enjoyed my childhood) so i don't know how to accept this part of me... and AKTodd maybe you are right! i remember i was strong because i practiced karate for a while! i get along with any type of discipline that requires co-ordination, so i'll try joining one then and see what happens.

If anyone else has any other thoughts on this, could you please share it?

7. Joey4

Maybe you're associating the wrong things with maturity.

8. RCJ24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Being feminine is a stereotype within that gay community. Granted many gay men act feminine, but not all of them. Personally most of the gays I know you would not know it unless they flat out told you. I think many guys feel like if they are gay, they have to be feminine too because that's what they see in the public eye. But that is not true. Personally if I wanted to be with someone feminine I would be with a girl, right? That being said, if you are feminine and that's just who you are, then go for it! Be yourself! But don't feel like you have to be a "queen" to be gay. Just be who you are and don't care about everyone else.

9. swifter

swifter Guest

well not really, that is whole another topic :3 and i guess i should have said i'm not as childish as i should be (and just for the record you can be feminine or masculine and still be a mature person, but you all knew that already)

---------- Post added 14th Sep 2013 at 03:29 PM ----------

thanks for the reminder :3!

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Femininity is not weakness. Females tend to be physically less powerful than males, but since you are a male, that is not a disadvantage you have. I would say something like "What, girly boys make you nervous?" and then give them a mischievous look. If you play into it, you take away their power. :wink:

And personally, I think femme guys are adorable.

#10 Argentwing, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  11. BooksJeansTea

:eusa_clap

especially "You can't weigh crazy"... :lol: so funny. but oh so true.

to OP: I completely agree with what everyone else is saying. I know that it's much easier said than done to be happy with yourself but you're getting it out right now and that's good. Now you have to keep moving forward- you feel weak. Do something about it. As the others suggested martial arts would be a great place to start. (*hug*)

12. Gen

Gen

Actually, the opposite has become far more common. Many gay men have grown to feel that they must be overtly-masculine in order to counteract their homosexuality, because femininity is seen as the most undesirable quality of a man in our misogynistic world. Hence the Normal-Straight Acting-Homosexual crazy that is currently ensuing.

If femininity is your only reason for not dating a woman, then you should be sure to change your orientation to include those of masculine and androgynous women. This ideal that the pinnacle of gender and sex is on expression is absolutely ridiculous and the exact reason why we have this negative aura around the topic in society today.

13. swifter

swifter Guest

i'll think about that! x)

---------- Post added 14th Sep 2013 at 05:48 PM ----------

(*hug*) i'll try harder for the community's and my sake