1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do things always move this quickly?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by srslywtf, Sep 14, 2013.

1. srslywtf

OK I've been out with 3 guys over the past couple weeks.. this is my first time doing such things.. I'm new to it all..

The first guy, seemed really sweet.. But started texting me like 20 times a day after going out for coffee once... and it wasn't an in depth date that covered alot of ground. we didnt leave with stars in our eyes or such.. I felt like I would consider them an acquaintance or maybe a new friend at the point we left.

The second was just plain desparate! I bailed on that date saying I was tired. He wasn't sexually desperate, just desperate to have a relationship.

The third guy, things went well. We went for coffee, he hugged me at the end, which was not unexpected at all. I would have been fine with anything up to a kiss really at that point. We caught up again a couple days later, just for a quick coffee. In the car afterwards he basically wanted me to give him a handjob.. he didnt say as much, but he kept putting my hand on his pants, which made his intentions pretty clear when I felt what was beneath.... He wanted to make out when he dropped me off but at this point I'd decided perhaps I was being a little too open and started playing coy.

I really felt like I had only just got to know a little of these people, like not even to the point where I would consider them newfound friends..

Am I too slow to trust? Is this just how things work in the gay dating scene due to smaller population/etc? Was I sending the wrong signals?

2. im not a guy but this is pretty common for most of the women i have met, thats why im so put off by anyone who moves so quick.... its just not my thing tbh. im weird i just like going slow.

but yeah id say it is common, but there are people out there who like to move slow too! you just have to find them. i would make your intentions clear if you havent already. its okay to say woah slow down. i would leave it a few weeks before seeing any of them again if you are going to..... that might get the hint then that you want things to slow down as sometimes people can think youre just saying things and no action... if that makes sense?

also these guys might have thtought the date went well... and if you didnt give them any indication that you didnt i.e saying 'i just want to be friends for now as i dont really know you that well yet. i hope you understand'

it sounds like youre not giving the full story for quickness which is understandable :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but if you havent been clear with messages people can take it the wrong way.