1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long distance dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Madeleine, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Madeleine

Hi,
    So...I have a question for you all. I met someone online, and he is very interested in me, and I am interested in you. But...we met online...and it's long distance. Do any of you have any experience with this being successful? And, if so, how?

2. Nick07

Do you skype (see each other) or just write? Do you have their phone number and/or address? If not they can easily be different gender, different age, living in different country. Even if you have all that, it is still VERY easy to pretend, so you must be really careful. I have one good experience and one bad.

3. Madeleine

As of now we are just e-mailing. What was your good experience like?

4. Nick07

Simply good. Let's leave it at that :lol:

If you only exchange letters, be careful. Even if you have been doing it for a year or more, you still can't be sure about their gender, age and intentions. I know it sounds weird, but it's true.
    Phone calls are not safe enough either. There are devices that can change your voice. Use Skype. You will see their body language.

Or, if you are ok with the things being as they are and you don't want to meet face to face, leave it at that. It can be beautiful even without having all the evidence. :slight_smile: