1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling numb-ish

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Tonight, my friend introduced me to a gay friend of hers in hopes that we would hit it off... it didn't go well. After all, he was really attractive, really shy and arguably out of my league. On top of that, he was with his friends, and they're really tight-knit, I think they saw me as a distraction. I just don't know how I feel about it. From this and all the other things that are getting me down, I feel kind of weird and shut-off, like I can't really feel much of anything right now. I mean yeah, I still feel disappointed and over all kind of depressed, but all those feelings are just so dull right now, like they lost their power along with whatever good feelings I could extract from tonight.

In any case, I know that most of the things I've been posting are kind of depressing and all, and that I've been doing it almost every day, but please understand, this is my only place to vent about these things. I've been going through a really hard time ever since I joined EC three months ago, and there's still no sign that things will get much better any time soon. So, for those of you who take the time to read my posts and give me sincere advice, I appreciate it, it does mean a lot.

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be glad you have a friend who is comfortable with your sexuality and that they introduced you to someone hoping that you would hit it off (presumably because they care enough that they want you to be happy). So it didn't work this time? No big deal, nobody gets along with everybody. Hell thats why they invented dating...Oh that person is cute....wanna go eat and see if we get along?....(20 min into dinner)...wtf was I thinking I have nothing in common with this person....Oh that person is cute........

You will have other dates and eventually you will 'click' with one of them. In the meantime be thankful you have a good friend who cares about you. .

:thumbsup:

3. penguin machine

How far out of your league are we talking here? My boyfriend is probably out of my league and he loves me because of who I am, what I represent, and my contribution to his life. He could do better but I'm what makes him happy and that means something. This guy might surprise you if you give him a chance. Don't give up hope of at least making a friend :slight_smile:

4. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    never give up hope, sometimes things are really shitty and look like they are never going to get better but then out of no where something beautiful happens.. personally I have been low before and really messed up, I was not happy then and I had no hope for the future, but things turned around and now I can fully appreciate what I have.. no things aren't perfect yet, but that's life, its never perfect. You just need to focus on the positives for now and realize that in time something amazing will happen.. you will get the guy and slowly but surely things will begin to fall into place and you will appreciate it far more then if it all happened at first.. I know it is hard now, but I promise things will get better... and never apologize for venting your feelings, you need to its healthy and this EC has proven to me to be a great support system.. I wish you the best of luck, never give up hope, and try to stay positive