1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobodys Gay/les/bi!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by goon, Sep 14, 2013.

1. goon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_danc Well here goes for my first post!!
    I've been creeping the forums for a while and decided to finally make an account:thumbsup:
    anyway I am 14, and there is literally NO LGBT people at my school. Im out and have been for about a year and my experience was really good as far as acceptance, although ive found myself falling HARD for my friends, who are undeniably straight:bang:
    this is frustrating as hell considering that I have no one to date, or even relate to :tears:
    I'm at a loss, how come nobody is gay? bi curious at the least?

2. magic

hey goon welcome to EC. At my school there is no one who is out so there i no one there who is gay at least it seems that way to everyone else. so there may be a lgbt person at your school but they might not be out yet i hope this helps. (*hug*)

3. goon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'd be naive to think there aren't any closeted people... but ugh you'd think there would be at least a few others who are out, right? guess ill just keep waiting :/

4. magic

um im not sure if there should be more people out because i know no lgbt people in my area but some will come out later like you said

5. Indigo4135

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think the same at my school. turns out there are some people who are "out". I just never knew bc they don't really openly display themselves throughout the hallway. some of my friends are gay, I didn't actually know they were until we were all at a party and everyone starts asking if your either straight, gay curious, etc etc.

6. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well, you are only fourteen and way ahead in your self discovery than most, so wait a while :wink:

7. biggayguy

I've heard in the media that Colorado is pretty conservative. Maybe that is the reason you're having trouble finding other gay students? I can guarantee there will be some in college. It's not that many years away.

8. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    when I was in school I had one person out in my grade, now out of my group of 5 friends 2 are lesbians, 2 are bisexuals (including myself) and 1 is straight.. lol its really all about time and when that person is ready to come out.. im pretty sure more people will come out in time, the odds are in your favor! you just need to wait it is a scary thing, im 21 and just accepted my sexuality and I just came out to 2 of my friends and still have a long way to go... give it time!

9. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have supportive parents, you might check into visiting Rainbow Alley at The Center. You would have the opportunity to meet openly gay, bisexual, and transgender kids your age. The Center

10. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this is probably of little comfort, but most 14 year olds don't have anyone to date, whether they're straight or gay, so you are definitely in the majority with that one! Don't worry, you'll meet someone at some point :slight_smile: Also, I think it's really great that you've come out even though you're the only one at your school so far - hopefully you will inspire others to do the same as the odds are there will be more LGBT folks at your school who aren't as confident as you in being open about it.

11. fortheloveoflez

I think that once you get a bit older more people will come out. Then, you'll have more to relate with. 13/14 is already kind of young to be out and proud, I think most people discover themselves later...but who knows....maybe I'm outdated on all of this...I'm around a decade older than y'all...

12. ChloeAllison

I would say your just way ahead of the curve so congrats! And you never know...your example might allow another to come out so just stay proud!
    In my school, no one was out basically because being out meant being expelled (yay for private catholic boarding schools). So I know how easy it is to feel like the only freak in the school (even though I was in the closet) but trust me you get out of school and suddenly you're like "wait the world was made of rainbows this whole time...why was everyones sexuality in high school so black and white?"
    Good luck and hold on...it gets better!

13. LILuke

This, at 14 a lot of LGBT people are still in denial, or deep deep in the closet. Don't worry I'm sure there are a lot more out there than you'd think.