1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to tell?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by babybop1224, Sep 16, 2013.

1. babybop1224

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok so i give off straight vibes and i know it, because everthing about me oozes typical straight chick. But i want people to see that that's not the case. How do I give off vibes so people know. I mean this sounds stupid but I have tried to do subtle things like making my walk slightly more masculine so I have a bit of swag (lol that sound so dumb). also how do I know or tell if another girl is into girls, because my gaydar could use some fine tuning.

2. AKTodd

If masculine mannerisms aren't naturally a part of your behavior, then you probably will find them a chore and may come across as less than genuine as a person. Generally, it's better to be yourself and comfortable in yourself. Many people find that quite attractive, both in a friend and in a possible romantic partner.

Based on various posts I've seen around EC, a common method is to wear some form of rainbow jewelry or decoration, often a rainbow bracelet. Various kinds are available online or some people make their own. There are also various types of Pride jewelry available online with a bit of searching. If you want to have your money do a bit of good in the process, check out the Human Rights Campaign or some of the other more socially aware LGBT stores/websites that contribute a share of their profits to the cause.

Wearing this sort of thing can let those in the know, know while largely being not noticed by everyone else. Although, if you want everyone to know, then there are more overt symbols like pins with pro-LGBT statements on them (from philosophical to snarky) or something with the word Pride included in the design.

Hope this helps,

Todd

3. babybop1224

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

you are correct i should definitley be myself and it was very helpful. Thank You!