1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could use some help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Not ok, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I suffer from depression and have suicidal thoughts on a daily basis because I have Feelings for men that I don't Want. I've been haveing a really tough time today and my depression is at its Worst it's ever been I can't get the thought of killing my Self out of my head I really want to do it. I don't know why I'm typing any of this right now maybe it's a cry for help or advice but I could really use some.

2. LD579

It's good you're reaching out and letting these thoughts out. It's always okay to lean on others when you're having a hard time. Things might seem hard and desolate right now, but things will and do get better eventually. This time in life is especially rough, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, people on EC are here for you and we do care. You're always welcome to get into contact with any staff member on here, so that's an option as well. Do you have anyone else that you could talk to about how you're feeling, like any friends or family members? What about a school counsellor?

When you haven't accepted yourself yet, you're struggling to reconcile who you thought you were and who you think you should be with who you are starting to realize you are. I can tell you that it's perfectly possible to be gay and to be perfectly okay with it, but of course it can take a while to get there. Just know that there's nothing wrong with being yourself, and that there's nothing wrong with being attracted to guys. Suicide's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and its effects on others are tremendous. It's never the answer... and I can tell you that there are bright things in the future for you. You just have to keep on living, even if life doesn't seem all that great, and even if things don't seem like they'll get better, 'cause they definitely will get better.

3. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have no one I can talk to because no one knows I have feelings.

4. AKTodd

Well, first and foremost, my advice would be to not harm yourself. Suicide is a permanent solution to what is just a temporary problem.

As far as helping - we're all here for you and are all willing to help in any way we can(*hug*)

I'm sorry you're not feeling great right now, but honestly things do get a lot better.

Regardless of what some people will try to tell you, your feelings about guys are perfectly normal and there's nothing wrong with them (or with you).

Take care,

Todd

5. LD579

Well, then, you're always welcome to talk to people on EC =) Are you sure that you couldn't talk to a school counsellor or therapist? Are there no teachers that are supportive of LGBT issues and people at your school? I'm just trying to make sure that all your options are being explored so that you can get the best help possible.

6. AKTodd

You can talk to us. You've already told us that you have these feelings, and I can confidently say that no one here has a problem with it. :thumbsup:

More seriously, whatever you want to talk about, we're happy to discuss. Folks here are a pretty friendly bunch, and a lot of them have gone through the same sort of struggles you are going through now. They can relate to your feelings and talk to you about how they worked through learning to accept themselves. And the rest of us are happy to just be here for you or talk about whatever you want to discuss.

Todd

7. GayNerd

Hey, buddy. :slight_smile:

Listen, I promise you. Things will get better. You just have to believe.

There is nothing wrong with being Bisexual/Gay. Don't worry.

If you need to, try talking to your parents about your feelings. If they are Homophobic, don't. Find someone who will care, and someone who will help you through all this.

Luckily, EC is full of people who can, and will help you. Just message us, and we will do our best. And our best is more than enough to help. :slight_smile:

8. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't Want to talk to a school counselor or therapist because I don't want them to know about my problem. I feel Ashamed for Wanting to kill my Self but it Feels like the only answer

9. GayNerd

A school counselor or a therapist would be the best help. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Life is worth living. People do care.

Please try them.

10. LD579

I can understand how you feel... but I do think that opening up is a very good thing in these instances. If you don't want to talk to a counsellor or therapist right now, that's fine, but do you think you could talk to us about how you're feeling? If nothing else, it'd be cathartic to you and that could only help.

11. AKTodd

Killing yourself is never the answer. There is so much of your life you haven't lived yet. So much of the world you haven't seen. So much you haven't done.

Can you explain why you feel so ashamed of your feelings?

Todd

12. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Open up? what am I supposed to say?

13. AKTodd

What comes to mind first? Could be something relating to what you're feeling now, or how you feel about guys, or what you think about the last thing you read or the last movie you saw. Or whatever. Whatever you feel like.

Todd

14. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel sexual and romantic attraction to guys but I don't want to feel that for them I never Wanted to.

15. GayNerd

Is there any reason why you don't want to?

16. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I just want to be normal and excepted I don't want to stand out.

17. AKTodd

To be honest, I don't know of anyone who grows up hoping or planning to have sexual and romantic feelings for someone of the same sex. Then again, I don't know how many people who hope or plan to have sexual or romantic feelings for someone of the opposite sex (well, maybe they plan it since it's what most people just sort of do).

The thing is...sometimes some of the coolest things in our lives are things we didn't plan on. I live on the E. Coast of the United States. I never ever planned to live here. But things kind of shook out that way and my life here has been really great, actually. Is it possible that something similar could happen in regards to your feelings?

Just a thought,

Todd

18. LD579

When it all comes down to it, everyone stands out in some way or another, whether it's in looks, preferences, hobbies, personality, outlook, job... I can assure you that being gay and sexuality in general is just one facet of a person. There's much more to you or anyone else than just sexuality, and people can still lead 'normal' lives even if not straight. That's just something to consider, and you'd have to take my word for it, I'm afraid.

19. GayNerd

There may be people who won't accept you, but real people will, no matter what.

"stand out". Everybody stands out. It may be because of their height, weight, personality, attitude, etc., or in this case, Sexuality, because everybody isn't the same.

Just have faith in yourself. You can do it. :slight_smile:

20. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I never want to stand out I Want to crawl into the Corner and die