1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Feeling So Lost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by twospiritlycan, Sep 20, 2013.

1. - I Stopped Drawing, Writing, and playing Music for the past week
    - I feel bad vibes about my old friends
    - I'm confused about my gender still

I just feel lost and have no purpose, or even know what to do next in my life. I feel so lifeless, I haven't even gone running for three days now. I worry a lot about numerous and I just feel trapped.

2. AKTodd

Is this just sort of happening or can you put a name to where this is coming from? Can you identify the source of these feeling?

Todd

3. DesertTortoise

Sometimes these mood swings don't have a 'source,' and looking for a life cause doen't help. Try sitting out in the early morning sun for a half hour or so, quietly meditating or taking in the day. I find the loss of daylight hours a trigger for low mood swings, and sunlight helps. Take a breath, tell yourself, it will swing the other way, it will swing the other way.
    Hugs!

4. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aloha, 2Spiritly
    What works for me is a long walk up in the mountains or in the forest. It tends to restore my perspective and close out the 'noise'. Take your time. Stop and soak it all in. Try not to think, but to experience.
    Hope this helps you too.
    With much aloha,
    Milan

5. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're going through that stage where you're just transitioning from a teen to an adult, it's pretty normal to feel lost. As people have suggested, maybe try some of the things that might help you shake the mood off. It's pretty hard to see the positive when you're feeling down.

In terms of physical things you could also do to see if the mood will go away on its own, I find sleeping and laying off the caffeine helps. I go a bit crazy myself when I haven't had enough sleep and when I've had too much caffeine over a long space of time.

If you're worrying a lot, sometimes it helps me to write the worries down and look at them later and see if I still think the same thing. If you feel like responding with what you're worried about, maybe we can help you with them :slight_smile:. If this mood carries on for a long period of time, it may also be a good idea to talk to a counsellor. I see one semi-regularly and it helps to be able to say what I'm feeling to a person who isn't otherwise involved in my life.

All the same, I hope that you will feel better soon *hug*.

6. Virus

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyy ,

I totally know how you feel. Sometimes even I feel like that sometimes , even tried taking my own life a few times because my depression gets out of control and just switches low a lot.
    Like a solemn person filled in a world of despondency. ( I Google'd other words for depressed , found these and I liked them. :B)
    Personally to take my mind of things I watch stuff like anime and listen to sad music.

Song 1
    Song 2

(Also because a lot of my family / friends die of natural causes , accidents or suicides. Suck man. Also I don't have many friends so it's like a light bulb , it just gets dimmer and dimmer until there's no power left. )

This is why sometimes the internet is the best place in life , so many people on the internet get other people while in real life people judge us.

If you wanna talk to someone who's going through the same thing as you , message me. I don't mind if you do or don't.

Hope you get happier though. ^^