1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting my hair?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KariGordon1996, Sep 22, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've been wanting to cut my hair short in the next few months, I have been wanting to for some time but I'm very nervous. Currently, I don't have very thick hair and I'm worried that if I cut it, that even with product in it, it won't stay up right or look good. Does anyone have good hair product names to use that hold well? And has anyone had this issue?

2. Indigo4135

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

When you say you want to cut it do you mean like super short? I cut my hair multiple times ( it's thick but it's not really long either), first I had it in layers , I kinda regret that but it grew out. The second time I got it cut one of my guy friends told me I looked like a dike, after that I let it grow out again. I don't use a lot of hair products so I can't really help you on that part, sorry.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Little need for nuance here; short hair is hot. :thumbsup:

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have short hair, and i really like it. However, i did it myself, and for the first 2-3 weeks after the haircut it wouldn't stay as i wanted it. I'd recommend asking a hairdresser, to find you a style that will not take much effort to look good on you.

5. lowkey

lowkey Guest

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, grow dreads and, if you don't like them, cut it short. You've got nothing to lose. Actually, now I regret i didn't try it at least. pfff

7. FractiousJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    I cut my hair short several years ago. I have a lot of hair but it's very fine so when it was longer it would just lie flat against my head, now I'm able to do a lot more with it. Though when I'm in need of a haircut it does become flatter than I'd like. Go for it!

Regarding products I think I've tried everything under the sun.
    Paul Mitchell spray wax is one that I use fairly often because it's reworkable but it takes multiple shampoos to get out.
    Paul Mitchell also makes a "glue" product that holds extremely well
    Most matte pomades are decent but the hold varies among companies
    Waxes are ideal IMO for hold but they don't wash out easily and can make your hair look greasy if you use too much.
    Lots of products targeted at men work well too. I often read amazon reviews for mens hair products to find a new one to try.