1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask.fm Question

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Grant, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys :slight_smile: so first off, I'm 15 years old and I'm not out yet, although I reckon some people know I'm gay because apparently I have a 'quality' haha. That scene from friends is coming back to me, when everyone thinks chandler is gay.. "I could so get a Brian" xD

Anyway, back to the original point, so I have an ask.fm account and someone asked "Hey, would you consider getting with a guy? :wink:"

I haven't answered the question and I'm not quite sure how to.. Even though I'm closeted, I don't want to say no because I would obviously like to get with a guy and saying no would greatly reduce my chances, but at the same time I don't know who asked the question
    And I don't want to say yes because then everyone would know I'm gay and I'm not ready for that..

I don't know what to do. Do I ignore the question, and leave the asker suspicious, or do I say no? Or see there any good answers that isn't quite a no but doesn't scream "YESSS PLEASE, WHERE WHEN? :grin:"

AGHHH please help :frowning2:

2. RainyViolinist

Maybe you can answer in such an ambiguous and humorous way that you're neither confirming or denying it :slight_smile:. Make it a joke so that the question is deflected.

3. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, but could you tell me Exactley what to say? I'm not feeling very imaginative today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say something like "definitely for u big boy :wink:"

5. Diego89

I would answer something like: "I know better than to say never to anything". :slight_smile:

Good luck!

6. RainyViolinist

I myself would reply something along the lines of, "Honey, I would but y'all ugly as f*@!" :lol: Or if that's too much profanity, you could also say, "I'd do anything for you :wink:". Just be creative :slight_smile:.

7. LILuke

You could say something like "Why so curious, you interested? :wink:"

8. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know. Thanks for all these answers guys - please keep em coming ! I feel like 90% of these responses would be screaming "I'm gay" like I want something subtle. Any more ideas? :slight_smile:

9. Lewnatic

Having been there and done the whole ask.fm thing (though when I did it a few years back - I'm 20 now - we used Formspring), I actually advise you to...not use it. Why should you have to answer this question to an anonymous person? What do you owe to them? Honestly, Ask.fm; Formspring and the like are just easy platforms for cyber bullying and you should stay well away.

But if you can handle yourself and are unphased by sticks and stones, then carry on using it. But only answer what you feel comfortable with. As others have said, you could easily answer the question with a witty remark. I'm terrible at on the spot wit, but think like Chandler :wink:

10. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww thanks a lot :slight_smile: I appreciate the concern. Yeah I totally agree with you, no one actually bullies me on it but if they did I would probably delete it straight away. Thank you :slight_smile:

11. charmander

Right So I'm a Scottish Skater so my opinion on Ask.fm will be very...negative but how about something like

"Sure thing Big Daddy..."
    So it seems sarcastic...now if you'll excuse I gotta complain about ask.fm

12. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I think I found an answer. Well sort of. You can answer with pics on ask.fm so I thought it would be kind of funny and vague to post this one as a reply. The one I was thinking of sending is the second pic down with CNN written on the top left corner.

Jennifer Lawrence - Jennifer's Facial Expressions #4 ~ We can't get enough of her many expressions! - Page 8 - Fan Forum

I love jennifer so I think it would be funny. Let me know what you think though because I don't want to send it off without your approval guys! It really means a lot to me :slight_smile: so what do you think? :slight_smile:

13. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Jennifer is a goddess so anything with her face is perfect! lol like others have said, just be careful! goo luck!

14. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay I've answered it :grin: I used that pic lol. Thanks guys for all your answers, I appreciate every single one :slight_smile:

15. ryanalexander61

On a separate note, I have seen several posters reference having an "ask.fm" account. I'm only 24 and I have absolutely no idea what it is. Makes me feel old :frowning2:

16. Lewnatic

It's a website you make a profile on and then people can ask you questions on it that you then answer. The appeal is that the questions can be asked anonymously, though the people asking will 99% of the time know who you are.