1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date Advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pocky, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Pocky

OK so I went to this gay youth group thing a few weeks ago. Got along well with everyone and one guy said to add him on facebook, which I did.

After a little bit of chat over facebook (nothing terribly personal) he asked me out the other day. I'm not attracted to the guy but he was alright to get along with. I didn't want to turn him down because that's the sort of avoidant behaviour I've been trying to overcome so I said yes.

This is my first date...ever.

Last night he started to make it pretty clear he is really wanting sex out of this. He asked me outright if there's a chance he would "get lucky" and other stuff in general like penis size etc. I didn't say yes to anything but I didn't say no either. The reality is that there's little chance because I don't find him attractive or have an interest in a relationship with him.

Having had little experience with this, am I being naive thinking that not all dates have to be about sex straight up? I'm also wondering if it's a bit selfish of me considering I only really agreed to this date more or less as a practice?

I was expecting to see a nice movie, eat and hang out with someone and get to know them. Clearly his expectations are different and it's not like I feel pressure to have sex. Even thought I'm a virgin, I want it to at least be with someone hot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy sounds like a horndog out for a hookup. If that's not your cup of tea, feel free to decline. Not all dates are about sex.

You're completely in the right to be put off here, and I think you're wise to keep a clear picture of what you want. Seeing a movie and learning about somebody is exactly what a first date should be. :slight_smile:

3. Pocky

Yeah it was interesting because when he first asked, it was all "no pressure" and "is this a date?" etc.

Then suddenly it's all become a hookup in his mind. Admittedly, if it was a cute guy I wouldn't be asking this question right now. I'm just caught up in this predicament of whether I should bother with it at all knowing it's fairly likely I would turn him down.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it's all at a speed you're comfortable with, so if he was cute enough that you'd want to say yes, go for it. :thumbsup: I was with my girlfriend for a few months before we approached that level of intimacy, but we were both virgins and had no idea what we were doing XD.