1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College and work

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TeePee, Sep 25, 2013.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello guys. For the first half of this year i've been saving up for college and i've been excited about going. I have no other means of paying my tuition but work after school. I'm doing a degree program i love but working is straining me so much i hardly have time or i'm too tired to study. If i stop working i'd have no way of paying fees and transport. I'm not sure what i'm really looking for so any form of help....ideas/advice would be appreciated

2. Hiems

Have you tried looking at scholarships? Most universities/colleges have a financial aid office with applications.

Taking out loans should be a last resort. Despite the financial aid I have received via grants, I'm taking out quite a bit of private loans whose interest rates are high. It really sucks, but I am willing to get through pharmacy school. Hopefully I will enter a fulfilling, yet financially lucrative career to get them and federal loans paid off.

You could also discuss with your financial aid office counselors about your situation and see where they can guide you in terms of loans, scholarships, etc.