1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I NEED to relieve myself of stress! advice please!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shrimpz, Sep 25, 2013.

1. shrimpz

shrimpz Guest

Basically, im stressed and its causing me health issues as well as getting me down. im only 17 and really need some advice on how to reduce the stress levels. any help?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hah... I'm in the same boat the minute with starting a new job and lot of personal issues. What I find helps me the most (currently) is trying to remember that stress/anxiety are basically you thinking of possibilities in the future, and then manifesting them as reality. In simple terms: I do my best to live in the present. When I'm very stressed/anxious, I clear my mind completely, focus on exactly what it is I'm doing in that moment in time and continue focusing on that one particular thing, everything else is irrelevant until that one particular thing is done.

I also find that if I'm stressed for long periods of time, I identify that I'm not happy and that it's not the way I want to live. I clear my mind (as above) then go and do something for myself. Go for a walk, go get some costa, grab some drinks and chill playing some halo 4/aliens etc.

It's hard to learn to do, but you should try to learn to be able to clear your mind like this. That's all stress is, it's you over-thinking everything and focusing on everything (especially negative things) going on at once, and your mind goes in circles thinking of what possibilities can happen and what you should do next, then after that, then after that etc.

3. Joey4

^ That's a good analysis.

As far as how to relieve stress, your best start would be exercise. Something as simple as taking a walk would relieve so much anxiety. Also, deep breathing exercises.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Close your eyes, breathe, and reassure yourself that it'll be okay. 99 times out of 100, it will be. :slight_smile: