1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

college major decision is splitting my brain in half

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by josh9623, Sep 26, 2013.

1. josh9623

so I am trying to decide which colleges I am going to apply to and I am looking into either a BA in film or a BS in Marine Engineering. I have always kind of leaned towards engineering but I like doing film (even though I despise pre-production) Either way my choices are limited. Between the availability and my location preference I think there are about 10 (8 film/2 ME) colleges between both. I want to try to stay out of california and have no desire to go into the military. I want to center my search around new york and florida. so yeah choices are limited. I know i need to start doing applications but I just haven't been able to start because I don't want to put out all these applications to decide I don't want to go into one of the fields. Also at my school we have a new tv pro teacher and while I thought he was going to be a pretty cool guy he is starting to prove me wrong so that is kind of putting me off a little.

can anyone give me advice on what to do?

2. Joey4

It's funny how sometimes a teacher can make you like or hate a subject with their personality or their teaching.

First, decide which career path will lead to the likelihood of a good job post college. I saw/am seeing a lot of kids come out of school with overwhelming debts working a job that they could've gotten with no schooling at all. They spend most of their time living with their parents, paying back student loans.

You live in Florida now. You're considering New York. Why these two places?