1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all gay dating apps and sites just hook ups?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It seems that way unless your willing to fork out a fortune for a paid service.

I know people can't name names but literally every gay dating app or site is centred on 'fun' and its even more difficult finding someone nice. Older guys are creepy or are nice but obviously too old. The younger guys or guys about my age are all after fun and not interested in long term.

It's just frustrating that in order to find decent peod you have got to go on these over priced websites and even that might not be good

Ugh!

2. Pocky

That's pretty much my only experience I've had of them. Usually there might be one or two guys from time to time who indicate they are there for something more.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a matter of biting the bullet and just getting out from behind the computer and meet guys in non-sexual environment, building a relationship from the bottom up (no pun). But of course there's that age old question...where do all the decent gay guys hang out or how do they make themselves known?

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It's like I'm stumped either way. I know decent guys exist, I mean I exist, but surely all the nice ones are in more places than EC

4. Lewnatic

You're a decent guy, and you may use one of these apps or sites. Therefore, other decent guys will too. The last guy I was seeing, and the current one I am seeing, were both met off a rather infamous app that I'm sure you're all familiar with. There's good and bad everywhere. You have a choice to ignore the ones asking you for sex, and acknowledge the ones who actually want to get to know you.

5. Pocky

Ha dude I can so relate.

Every day I pass heaps of guys and by the law of averages clearly some of them will be gay. Apart from suspecting, there's never any outward signs and therefore no way of knowing for sure. In fact, I seem to have the knack of coming across quite feminine-type guys only to have their girlfriend turn up a minute later (damn hipsters!).

It's a little bit like there's gay population and then there's this smaller, more exclusive group who just somehow know each other and make the group impenetrable (no pun again) to outsiders.
    Of course this is just me moaning but yeah I get the frustration.

If anyone here knows the secret handshake, specifically in the locations in which Gazza and I live then please share. Remember, on EC you're still relatively anonymous :wink: