1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one define a relationship between sexes?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kingdominth4, Sep 27, 2013.

1. kingdominth4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm at an impasse. I'm totally incognizant of how to define a relationship, between sexes, or genders for that matter. Coming out, I discerned, and then ultimately fostered an insular view of sexuality from the opinions of others. I was aware that two men or woman were able to reciprocate attraction for one another,but my conception of sexuality, generally ceased there, with that. The problem lies where I solely congealed my philosophy around that principle. Later, as I grew older, I learned that there existed differing qualities that were identified under sexuality: gender, romanticism, tendency, and preference. I fear now my beliefs have become irrelevant and I'm unaware of exactly how to adapted those principles in my philosophy. Generally, I am asking how to define sexuality. Would it be incorrect to identify a relationship between sexes through roles? Where does responsibility in a relationship between two men or two women? What is a relationship between two men or women? How does gender influence a relationship between sexes? How does romanticism influence a relationship between sexes? What would a life look like between (Although, I'm well aware that despite sexuality, the lifestyles between individuals vary dramatically) two individuals. I do not know how I would go about crafting my own relationship, because I don't retain a very sound idea of the function of one. It's all ambiguous to me. Can you help me, EC community, to define one, or is a lifestyle, including the routines/ order that follow one, undefinable and forged all by experience? Or is a relationship all chaos? :bang:

2. Saint Otaku

I've never been in one, but from what I've seen, reality tends to shred to pieces what we have so carefully laid out. To me, a relationship of wholesome, unpredictable chaos would be the most beautiful -- absolute structure is too off putting.

So my advice: don't try to control a relationship, it's no pet to be tamed. What you should do is guide it in the direction you want, but allow it to flow in its natural course, whether that course last forever or end unpredictably. Relax, and enjoy people! :grin:

As to romanticism, I'm a bit confused. I know some gays are biromantic or whatever the new term that has been invented is;I personally am pretty plain, for I like boys, no real in-betweens.

#2 Saint Otaku, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  3. kingdominth4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for your advice. It helped a lot. I've realized that I may focus too much on making sense of things. Relationships should form naturally. I understand now, and thank you again for your words of insight.