1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Being Blown Off?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by coastgirl, Sep 28, 2013.

1. coastgirl

I had a crush on this girl...who I knew through friends.

Long story short I didn't see her enough to really flirt with her or talk to her as much as I wanted, so I sent her a FB message one night seeing if she'd want to hang out sometime this week or weekend and gave her my number. Super casual, but I think it conveyed an interested beyond friendship, even if only slightly.

She responded the next morning, basically stating that her week was pretty busy but she was free over the weekend and that she'd text me. Then she ended it by saying that it was good to see me over the weekend and a smiley face.

But it's saturday at noon and I haven't heard anything :-|

Guess I should just forget it huh? I guess I'm wondering why people would sound enthusiastic but then blow you off :-/

2. Joey4

I think some people just get apprehensive about dating. She left the weekend open so she had a week to decide if she wanted to go through with it. Maybe she just felt too uncomfortable.

I'd say chill. Let her be the next person to initiate contact and see what she says. And finally, just play it cool.