1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this was really awkward...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by C P, Sep 28, 2013.

1. C P

C P

So this guy and I were chatting it up for a while and he seemed pretty cool. He said maybe we could meet up (yesterday) for a few but I told him I couldn't promise that and today would be better, this afternoon actually. He said 12ish so I said okay, I even sent him a pic of myself and he complimented. Made me feel a bit better about this first meet up, although I think I still came across as a bit nervous because of just that(one on one situations are like that with me, even people I've known forever; more comfortable in group situations).

So today before I left home I messaged him asking if he was still going through with it and he took forever to respond, but I had stuff to do later in the area anyways so I didn't mind heading out this way near the IHOP he wanted to meet at for coffee or something.

I sent him back a jokey message asking if it all was a joke and you know what he said?

I seemed weird and he prefers white guys anyway....

What a way my first real meet up with a guy, like this, turned out. Now I feel shitty because I had already told him that I was still feeling a little nervous about all of this but I was comfortable enough to meet up because I felt like it'd be easier to chat in person and I was in the area anyways.

Do guys play games like this often? Now it's making me just want to just not bother any longer. I asked why he didn't just speak up about it and now he's not even saying anything anymore...>_>

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that's extremely rude. Did you tell him your race before you two decided to meet up? The reason I ask is because he probably assumed you were white when you two were talking, and when you sent him a picture, he was probably a bit shocked and didn't want to seem like an asshole. People have preferences, but he didn't have to be such a dick about it.

3. Englishlad

Hi not all guys play games. What he wrote in his message back to you was wrong. I wouldn't bother to contact him again he sounds like a horrid guy. A decent guy will come your way soon.

4. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That sounds really terrible. You should just forget about him. There's a lot of assholes in this community.

5. C P

C P

I sent him the pic later on but he still agreed to show up; even said he thought I looked fine/good.

...and HE was the one who suggested we meet up after still. His profile even states that he likes all types of guys. ...the hell?

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like he just wanted a stupid reason to back out. I can't think of a reason why he wanted to, especially since he initiated the meet-up. Maybe he's nervous. But if I were you, I'd just let it go. He sounds like a douche.

7. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He's a total scumbag then.

8. C P

C P

Well I was talking with this other guy whole told me just watch out for these kind of guys. Funny that the first I actually am able to meet up with happened to be one of the ones who apparently likes standing people up.

Nah, it definitely wasn't nerves or he probably would've spoken up because I had already let him know that I was nervous. Just a legitimate a-hole. That's what I get for finally feeling a little comfortable with this sort of thing? Yeah...

9. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't feel bad though, you could do so much better.

10. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not all guys are like that...most of us are the complete opposite, but we are so modest that we are harder to find...look a little harder and don't settle with meeting a guy 5 minutes after you find him on a dating site/app :wink:

11. GirlWhoWaited

What a jerk.You don't need that in your life. At least you found out early... I know that doesn't help, but I am glad that you didn't invest too much before he showed his true colors. (*hug*)

12. C P

C P

It wasn't 5 minutes, ha, I just so happened to be in the area for a few days and chatted with him for a bit before he suggested to meet up(later the next day) when the conclusion was basically that I needed someone to talk to(have nobody pretty much when it comes to this).

I just don't get what race had to do with any of it because I'm sure he threw in the weird part as a fake reason. It wasn't a date but a friendly meet up(which obviously wouldn't have turned into anything more anyways from the way he acted).

The reason I use apps though is because my only friend who is gay moved and I know no others around here and other stuff I've addressed in another thread. I'm not interested in hookups or anything.

I just really need someone to talk to about this since I'm really new to the scene, possibly even introduce me to others, etc. so I can finally feel better about it and move on. While chatting on forums like this have helped a little, it'd be more comforting to physically be with someone, which is why I took his offer(though nervously) because he seemed cool and understanding. Guess I was wrong; luckily I had other things in the area to do later. :l

13. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, I understand. I don't know what race has to do with it either, but you would have to be pretty shallow to play the race card like that.

14. LILuke

Wow, screw him! You can do so much better! That's just...I don't even have words for how disgusting that is!

15. BiPenguin

Maybe he has a personal issue such as being just as nervous as you are or other people finding him out, including himself. Or maybe he's just a tool not bothering with and you can do better. Either way, you can do better.

16. C P

C P

When I agreed to meet up, he told me that it was a good idea that it was away from where I lived so I wouldn't have been accidentally outed, so I'm guessing he was out(never asked really).

I was chatting with someone else after who confirmed that the guy above is a complete a-hole because he had also talked with him before. I wonder why the guy even bothers with this crap, hahaha.

I've felt better after chatting up with some others but it's like all the decent ones aren't nearby.

17. mpac21

Ugh he does sound like a total idiot....don't think on him for a second, there are much better prospects for friendship who aren't so damn shallow/petty...he will get whats due to him in time, being an ass and all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. C P

C P

It sucks not knowing anyone I could talk to about all of this in person...