1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friends don't really understand.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cloud, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Cloud

Before i start, im not trying to do the whole angsty, no one understands thing ok.

I have a few friends at school and they are nice and we have fun together. But I feel like they don't rally appreciate me, like, they don't seem to understand me. Some do, anthey are really good. One of my friends though, actually admitted that they are embarrassed by me. And that really hurt. But I hid how I felt because that's just what everyone's used to. Me just getting on with everything as if nothing happened. But it still hurts. You see, people at school don't really like me. Not because I'm a bad person, but because I'm different to them. So I want to hold onto the friends I have. I'm not trying to sound like a whiny bitch so I'm sorry if I do. I just don't get many chances to show how I feel. I hide all my feelings inside so, when I snap at people, they're surprised that I'm acting this way.

So basically, I'm the guy that people tell all their problems to, but when I want to talk about my problems, I'm being a whiny bitch.

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's because you're in high school. I know how that feels to be the informal counsellor, yet be turned away when you need help. It'll get better as you grow older and your friends will be more of a matter of true bonding than "we're stuck here for the greater part of the year, I'll hang out with you." Hang in there. (*hug*) Are you able to make friends outside of school? They're the ones who tend to be closer, in my experience, because you have to actively be friends with them.

#2 Aussie792, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  3. lukeluvznicki13

I'm sorry to hear about that /:
    Just never think badly/negatively about yourself.
    If your friends are embarrassed to talk or be with you, then they aren't true friends. Your real and true friends will accept you for who you are. Don't think that you're whiny etc because you are just venting and releasing your feelings. I am having a similar issue with friends and such so don't think you're alone. Sometimes you just need to speak your mind. And I am sure there is someone at your school who would love to be your friend! If you do after school activities, just start up a conversation or something, they could become a good friend! And I always listen to this saying, "If you're a good friend to someone, they'll be a good friend back". :slight_smile:

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look, anyone's going to be a whiny bitch when they're talking about their problems. Why? Because they're in the moment. It's about their problems. Who would expect someone to be in a good mood or in a neutral mood when they're talking about their problems? If they're neutral, it'll sound like it's not a problem at all, and if they're in a good mood, people would be concerned about that person's mental health.

And this is a support forum. Why apologize for asking for support... on a forum that exists solely for that purpose?

I will say though, that I do hate the fact that society wants every day to be the exact same in an ever-changing world with human beings with a full range of emotions, that interact with each other, all who have different points of view. It's ridiculous to think that being "gray" or "normal" should be expected when there truly is no such thing.

5. Joey4

The one thing I hate about this forum is that when somebody explains a problem they're having, it's almost impossible to help them because you're only getting what the problem is from their perspective. I'd love to hear from this guy's friends about why they don't like them, if they don't like him.

Why are you snapping at your friends?

Do they dislike you because you're gay, or because you're different? There's a difference between the two, though I understand how they could be related. If you're a normal guy and people don't like you because you're gay, then we have a problem. But if you a weird dude who happens to be gay, then you have a problem.