1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition in Lifestyle Change (non-gay related)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Joey4, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Joey4

I'll keep it as short as possible.

I was fired from my job recently. I like for how it has molded me, but I didn't much care for the line of work. If I don't receive unemployment, and I think I will, I'll have to come out of pocket with all the money I've saved to uphold my current lifestyle until I find something else.

I'm I'm the hiring process with a local power company for a very well-paying position. Again, I don't care for the line of work.

My buddy and I couch surfed Ireland back in 2009. I'm getting the itch to travel. I have a dog and a cat that have both been with me for about 8 years. I could probably find a place for my cat, but the dog is pretty attached to me and it'll probably be harder to find him a home.

Here's the problems:
    1) the moral dilemma of finding my dog a home for at least a year. I've made this commitment to him, I feel, and now it's keeping me from doing something I want to do. Life is vastly different from when I rescued him.
    2) throwing away a much better than average paying job that I probably won't get the opportunity to get again.
    3) choosing to keep my dog and working a job I don't want and living a stale life

I'll elaborate in areas if needed. Otherwise, thoughts? Advice?

2. Tyrael

Is it possible you'd consider keeping the well paid job and simply go traveling for short periods of time instead of just dropping absolutely everything?

3. Joey4

No. The most vacation you'd get at one time is a week. That would be long enough to get where I'm going and then come back. It's really no time to see or accomplish anything. I rather spend a year traveling and seeing the world than a span of 15 years seeing bits at a time. I hate being tied to anything. If I have nowhere to be and no responsibilities to uphold, that will give me the freedom to enjoy the time I spend traveling.

My plan would be to head out west using woofing, couch surfing, and craigslist for all my needs.

4. Joey4

I don't usually do this, but I'm upping this for some feedback, please.