1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anything good about being an homosexual in school?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lanker, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Lanker

So, I would just like to know if there`s anything good about being gay at school. I know the bad stuff:
    - I need to be careful to who I come out to so the whole school doesn`t know( I can only talk about this to girls, boys are douches);
    - There`s always a part of me that no one knows about;
    - In a bad school, I can get bullied( thank god that doesn`t happen to me);
    - I know every crush I have will not be corresponded (I mean, there`s always a chance of 0.00091536%, but COME ON);
    - The fact that I can`t date anyone (seen above) just gets me more depressed;
    So, that`s all I can think of, but I bet there`s more.

But anyway, is there ANY pro of being an homosexual at school? At all?:confused:

2. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Do your parents respect your identity?

3. Lanker

They don`t know I`m gay, and its kinda weird because my extremely homophobic dad is right next to me while I`m writing this, and he doesn`t know what I`m doing. :dry:

4. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Darn, I was thinking if they were open with you then, being yourself in school would be easier. It's not your fault...

5. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, I see it as: having a boyfriend seems so much more fun and so. You have the freaking same body's, so I feel like understanding stuff and so on is easier, also, boys sound far more fun, finding the same stuff fun is so much easier, I don't know, boys just seem so much more fun!
    But yeah, it has a lot of disadvantages :frowning2:
    I though like this for a while, but just try to look at it in the positive side. If I look at the boys, and compare the amount of beautiful girls, there are so many more boys that are so amazingly sexy! I just try to believe I will find someone one day, that keeps me on the road.
    Also, I'm in the middle of a big kinda complicated coming out stuff and so on. Short: I kinda find it more fun to be out and be gay.
    If you have friends who can support you, they can protect you against bullying.

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are at risk from violence or being thrown out of home, choose your timing very carefully. 14 is quite young and you want to be sure you can support yourself.

If school, and parents, are OK then you can work on a few (very trusted) people at a time - when it feels OK with you

7. Northern

You have a higher confidence and you don't have to worry about it, I'm out and I told my friends and if anyone asks I tell them. I believe people suspect and if they were to ask I would say yes.

Plus it let's me be a lot more open about myself and I just feel better.