1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal for first timers?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Oct 2, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so I got my first girlfriend right? on Monday ^_^ and i'm just always nervous and cautious around her. like, i'm myself around her but i'm still nervous around, I haven't held her hand yet but she really wants me to but like? I haven't held someones hand in 3 years so I kind of forgot how to do it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    stupid, i know. any advice on that? hahaha

I have hugged her but like, I NEVER hug anyone and i'm not exactly, a touchy feely person but for her, i hugged her and it's always awkward, or so i feel like, I feel like i don't hug her right. I put my arm around her neck and she just grabs my arm and then we let go and go home and i feel like i'm not doing it right -_-

she says she likes my hugs but i just really feel, they're awkward and too quick.

I just always get nervous around her and stuff and never know how to act. i act like myself but when i feel, like i'm annoying her, i stop talking and just lay my head down.

another thing, is that my friends ....at lunch, i never can pay attention to her because, she gets really nervous at lunch, possibly because, that's when we first see each other but she never says much at lunch but when were alone in 4th block, we talk like crazy.

how can I get her to try and talk more at lunch?

and finally, is this normal when dating someone for the very first time?

2. BiPenguin

There's nothing wrong with hugs. If you feel that the relationship is moving along too fast for you, just let her know nicely. Still, nothing wrong with hugs and holding hands. In some cultures, friends hug and hold hands. As for being nervous, that's natural. You like her and fear doing something wrong that would see you lose her.

3. MerBear

i know, i just don't know how to calm down

4. BiPenguin

5. biggayguy

It's hard to be calm when you really love somebody. Just try to relax and enjoy being with her. There really isn't a wrong way to give a hug unless it hurts.