1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lonlness

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ianm, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ianm

ianm Guest

I feel so alone at my school its so deprssing im the only openly gay guy at my school and it realy sucks because i feel like no one wants to be my friend or anything at all. Infact i really dont have any friends because most of the people at my school think im ugly. it really hurts a lot ill tell you that much. i need some adive on how to get over this well someone help me please? :smilewave

2. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I was alone all through high school too. All I can really tell you is to just take your mind off of it by doing something productive. Find a hobby that you can indulge in when you are at home. Just know that there are other people just like you here on this board. I think we've all experienced being lonely at one time or another.

3. Virus

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know exactly how you feel.

I didn't have 1 friend ever since I start Nursery school , I was bullied every single day of my life. Knocks your confidence soooo much.

Then College started. <3

The best thing to do is try and find the nicest person you know , even if they're unpopular it doesn't matter because they'll be friendly (Hopefully. e.e) , introduce you to their mates meaning you get more and more friends eventually and so on.

I'll talk to you , if you want I don't mind either way. x3

4. ianm

ianm Guest

thanks you guys this hepls me out a lot. and i would love to talk to you virus i dont mind talking to people online i do off line tho i hate having autism

5. ChloeAllison

One thing is confidence in high school is an amazing asset so don't let yourself think your ugly and I highly doubt others will. I am not saying that people aren't vain in high school and yes one way to get through high school is to simply join them and spend a lot of time on your appearance. BUT the way you earn the best friends in high school is simply finding a friendly accepting crowd...generally I look at the people lowest on the social totem, find out what school club they belong to and join. School clubs are amazing for making friends because you have at least one shared interest.
    My biggest advice is not to let yourself just stay alone through high school. If you are a genuinely nice person then you have to trust that your not the only one in your entire school so search out the other friendly people (they might be looking for a friend too).

6. ianm

ianm Guest

Thanks and iv tried its just hard for me to talk to anyone at all i get scared that they well laugh at me for being autisic but i would not care right now im just way to lonly.