1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unseen resentment?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by The Mushroom, Oct 3, 2013.

1. The Mushroom

I came out as gay a few months ago and all of my friends said they are fine with it, but some seem a bit distant and slightly harsh now. This is really annoying and I wondered what to do? Thanks.

2. penguin machine

TALK to them. They're your friends and talking to them is exactly what they would expect of you if an issue develops. Ask them how they're dealing with your news and tell them you're worried they're starting to become distant. Communication sir, that's what it's all about. Don't suffer in silence :slight_smile:

3. Californiacoast

For many of our friends, we are the first gay person they have ever known. We have had our whole life to get used to the idea. They may have only had a few days. Just keep being the awesome person you are. They will come around. If not, it is a reflection on them, not you.

4. The Mushroom

Thanks, this really helps and makes me feel much better.

5. HeyJoe

HeyJoe Guest

Wow! :O You're really young to know that you're gay... Hmmm maybe just talk to them in a way that they won't feel awkward when they talk to you? And choose the people who are comfortable to be with you... I also experienced this when I came out because the majority of the boys in my class are homophobics :/
    But still, I have friends who are comfortable being with me.