1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you say to girls when you first meet?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BearLover, Oct 4, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have this problem when I go into clubs to meet girls, I don't know what to say.

Going up to someone and saying "would you like to dance?" or "would you like a drink?" is all that I can think of, nothing comes to my mind when meeting new people, apparently it's good to ask them questions but I don't want to make them feel as if I'm getting too close to them, I think a girl would feel a bit weird if I just went up to her asking loads of questions. And any random conversation just seems weird and awkward because the chances are the girl won't give a shit what I say, I usually don't have anything in common with these girls, my life revolves around bodybuilding, computers, electrical engineering, reading books and working, I don't watch TV or anything that most people do, to me it's just a waste of time. So when I'm approaching these girls I can usually say a few things like "Hi, what's your name?" and "Would you like a drink?" but after that I'm like "Umm, umm, uhh...". It's much easier to talk to people at work because I already know them but going up to random people is really hard to do. I think talking about something sexy to a girl is one way to turn them on but doing it too early makes them think you're a pervert.

What I find with house parties is that people usually talk about rubbish that I don't care about so when I say something it will seem random. I can't even join in on their conversation because it doesn't interest me, I don't like the feeling of going quiet and people wonder why I'm not talking. People start acting differently when other people are in the room it's like they are trying to show off, a lot of the time people feel the need to annoy me just to make themselves feel more comfortable.

I can have good conversations when one or two people are in the room, I can talk about something that is interesting and usually me and my friend go into a deep conversation when I see him alone. But I just find talking to girls uninteresting and usually I go quiet, I don't know what to say. I don't want to talk about something that I don't find interesting it just feels really fake.

I think I'm more introverted than shy, I can be nervous when a lot of people are around and I can't think of anything to say. I don't think I'm insecure because I'm not afraid to be myself, recently I'm finding eye contact awkward, I don't want to make it look like I'm staring in their eyes when talking to them.

2. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people