1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any help for dealing with my first same sex break up?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MaryMyers, Oct 5, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 20 year old lipstick lesbian and at the beginning of this year I finally began dating a girl. We had known each other for several months and become best friends, so it was the perfect relationship. Non-stop talking, laughing, loving, touching, kissing, planning - the works!

However! There's always something to burst a beautiful bubble, and in our case it was the girl's homophobic mom (who really liked me until she found out the truth, go figure). On top of this, though, the girl began to question whether she could truly peruse a long-term relationship with a female.

The split completely destroyed me emotionally, it was not only my first same sex relationship, but the first time in which I was in love with my partner. Some good did 'come out' of this break up (pardon the pun), as I came out to my mom when it ended. She's totally fine with my sexuality, which is great.

After so many ups and downs and sleeping together and arguing and not speaking subsequent to the break up, this is where we are now: she has begun dating a guy, which is difficult for me to deal with in a way, but says she's still struggling to move on from me. I did 'date' a girl for a month or so, but nothing resulted from it.

So I'm lonely and finding it hard to not only deal with these lingering feelings of hurt, but also failing to meet young women like myself. I don't want to get back together with my ex, it would never work, but I need to move on.

My question for you is - how do I move on after my first same sex relationship? (Keep in mind I'm totally new to this as being a closeted lesbian I never really had a proper boyfriend!)

2. June Cleaver

Go out and socialize! There is no different in a same sex break-up and a straight one. Love is love! Go out there and keep busy! June