1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me.. I am so lost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SilenceA, Oct 5, 2013.

1. SilenceA

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello,

I have already posted this story on other sites,but i need more advice.. It's killing me and i don't know where else to search for answers...

I am really sorry for this long post, also for my english..
    I am so lost and could use any advice...

I have been in a long-distance relationship for 1 year and 4 months now and I have known my girlfriend for 2 years before we first started dating. This relationship was everything to me and still is, I love my girlfriend truly.. and I was never this happy in my entire life. I know for sure that she loves me, we really have an amazing bond, we've had it even as friends but once we fell in love it got even deeper and stronger.. Our feelings were always mutual, our views on life and reality were the same, it was just like knowing what the other person is thinking and feeling.. Knowing someone to the very core.

We had this amazing,perfect relationship full of love,care, tenderness, jealousy as well but it made our love go further and deeper.. I felt that she truly loved me and couldn't live without me.. I was her only true friend during really hard times,just like she was to me.. Everything was just perfect.. we live in the same country,but not in the same city so we managed to meet in person only 2 times,which was really hard to do but we did it.. We live in a very homophobic country,our parents are homophobic as well, so this is really a true forbidden relationship...
    Everything was going just perfect,of course we had our ups and downs like every relationship,but we always loved each other and cared for each other above everything else.. I felt like i could always lean on her, and she always said that she feels the same way..
    We kept telling each other how we cannot see an end for this relationship.. and I must say that i still can't get a picture of her never coming back to me and not being with me till the end..

Everything bad started 2-3 months ago when her parents started forbidding her everything,her phone,her private things, kept her indoors and she wasn't able to contact anyone for those 2-3 months.
    I must add that we've been planning on moving in with each other last year (as friends") and her parents forbid her to move to an other town,even though she is an adult.. ( they are really controlling )
    But everything started going down in those 2 months, we were not able to contact each other or anything, i heard from her 2 times and the only thing she said was that she can't be with me anymore,that she can't take it to be in any relationship at all, that she needs to make things up to her friends ( which she chose not to contact for some time while she was with me - i never said anything against her going out with her friends), and to her parents ( which is not needed at all,because they are the ones treating her badly and not the other way around ) i asked her if she loved me and she wouldn't say anything, after begging and begging she finally said "it stopped okay" like she just stopped loving me in those 2 months without contact.

I was shocked,desperate.. I begged her to come to her senses.. asked her if she could be happy without me,she didn't answer at all. We always say that you can truly love only one person in this life,and that it's the highest point.. the beginning and ending of everything.. and we always said that we feel like that for each other... I felt her love truly.. and i love her with all my heart,she is all i ever dreamed of...
    And i know that she was truly happy with this relationship.. with our love.. and all of a sudden it all ended? I couldn't believe it and i still don't believe it's true.
    I asked her if she met someone else and she said no,she didn't leave the house at all.. So i still believe that you can't just stop loving someone especially if your love was so strong,and nothing happened that could make you feel less for that person...
    I asked her if she could be with someone else and she first said "No'' and then she said after this mess is cleaned( in her family ) she'd be with anyone" which hurt deeply because we really had something special.. and now she'd be with anyone"...

She even said " I can't be with you even if you are my true soulmate" and she said that she believes that she can't have a love like ours with anyone else...
    She got her phone back, she started college,met new people and it's all killing me, because i always knew what was going on in her life and now i have no clue.. she's being very cold to me,very distant, she's been ignoring me,telling me she'd love it more than anything if i moved on,found someone new... Today i called her and asked her how she's doing, and if she is happier now and she said no" and afterwards she said something like she doesn't care.. But i heard it in her voice that she is lonely and acting like something she's not..
    I've been thinking and thinking and i've realized that she is probably just scared that her parents might find out she's gay, they would really harm her, and i can understand that she is now closed up,that she's running away from me like i'm the plague.. I must add that this kind of break up happened once before, 4 months into this relationship.. but it lasted for 7 days,she came back.. and said" now i am ready to fight for this" back then she's been telling me the same things she is now,that she needs her space,peace,time for her friends ect.. but she always chose to be around me all the time...

I asked her this time why she came back to me the first time she broke up and she said "because you made me happy"
    I feel that she is lying to herself,running away from what she is.. She might still love me.. i believe she does.. but even if not.. she is just lying and being something she's not.. She didn't even contact her friends now and she's been telling me that she needs that, like she needs them more than me..

She's acting like she needs to be cold to me,she refuses to tell me what is going on inside of her.. And i feel like i can't reach her at all.. Which is very unknown and unusual to me.. The only difference between this and the last break up is that back then i was able to soften her and to make her feel stronger.. to make her realize what we had.. and this time it seems like i can't.. and this time it's been going on for over 2 months... which is really really long...

I just can't believe that a love like ours would end just like that.. She was even ready to die for me.. I felt it.. Our love and feelings were always the same,very mutual.. I just feel like the only logical explanation is that she is too scared that her parents might find out.. and to forbid her everything again.. She might feel like she won't be enough for me now..
    She even said ( like the first time she broke up) that she wants a "normal" and easier" life..
    I am sure that she just keeps to herself now,and feels like it's the easier way.. but i am sure that she will never be happy like that.. She is just too scared.. And i would do anything to make her realize that we are the right path... That she mustn't give up on us... But i feel like everything i say just pushes her more away from me.. She is very stubborn and if she is convincing herself now that this is for the best.. she might really give up on us..

I know that she wants and needs so much more from this life than just a few friends,going out and being with just anyone".. she would always tell me how she is enormously happy because she won't end up like her parents.. because of our love..

She is my whole life.. I am so lost without her.. i feel like i know her better than myself.. and all of this is such a big shock for me.. Even now when she is so harsh to me i feel like she's just someone who needs my love.. and needs to give her love to me... Like i always felt during our whole relationship.. I let her so deep into my life.. and i've learned everything about hers.. It was not meant to end so fast.. so rough...

I can't and don't want to give up on her.. I feel like if i break off the contact now again it will all be lost.. I feel like i need to fight for this more than ever now... I just don't know how.. without pushing her even more away from me....
    She is very stubborn and I don't know how to make her realize that she is making a huge mistake.. I know that this is not what she wants to be..

It was all perfect until her parents took everything away from her, I am sure that we would still be together happily if that didn't happen.. I feel like all her wires were cut by this fear and this whole situation..
    I still feel so close to her.. Like i know that she is suffering inside...

I am so scared that i will lose her.. I am so sorry for this long post... but please if someone has some advice on what i should do... or if someone has had a similar situation.. please i am going crazy... I am so scared that i might push her away.. or that i am not enough for her to realize that she is making a huge misitake..

Thank you so much in advance :icon_sad:

2. Just Jess

Sofia I was in tears reading that. The only person that has a full picture of what's going on is her. But I think at least some of what you thought is probably right. I think the most honest and straightforward answer you got was,

I think that's true. I think, right now, she simply does not want to be gay.

I do know from personal experience it is difficult and exhausting to stand up to your loved ones day in and day out. They can make you feel ashamed of being who and what you are, and convince you to put their needs ahead of yours, and make you scared of being different.

This breaks my heart to say, but you may not be able to be in a relationship at this point. If she does come back to you, it might only be for a little while, and you may feel like a yo-yo after a while. She has problems that can't be solved either with her parents or with you.

Right now, she thinks she wants "normal". Some of us put up with "normal" for years. Some of us keep "normal" up into old age. The closet is very comfortable.

Eventually, when she is ready, she will fight to be "her" instead of "normal". What you two have had, is special. It's given her something to fight for. I would think of it like a seed. Eventually she will remember what it was like with you. That doesn't necessarily mean she will get back with you. It may be that you both will have changed by then. But it does mean that, when she does find the courage to fight her way out of her prison, that it was you who gave her the key.

Best I can do (*hug*)

Is there anything you can do for you in the meantime?

One reason that has to do with her, is that part of why she is choosing the prison over you, is because she is scared. Her family can offer her safety. So if you have a hard time being motivated to make your life better for you right now, or are feeling lost without her, then I might keep that in mind. If you are independent and proud of who you are, she can feel safer around you.

I really hope she does come back to you. But whether or not she does, if she sees you gay, proud, and happy, that will make it a million times harder to stay where she is. She just doesn't believe it's possible to live with you. She might even be scared of you getting hurt because she chose to live with you.

So what kinds of things do you enjoy doing? Even if it doesn't make you money, it can keep you sane if you have to work hard. I'm into art and video games myself.

And could I ask that you focus on that kind of stuff for right now? I really think - and I know how impossible this must sound right now - that if you can make yourself happy, it would be the best thing for both of you. This is going to sound a little sappy but that feeling you described earlier, where it feels like you can still feel what she is going through? It doesn't make any sense but I think it's real anyway. And I think it's two-way. I think she can feel what you're going through too.