1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approaching guys

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Johnviolist, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Johnviolist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been a while since I realized I am gay. It took me most of that time to be okay with that. However, now, I love being gay. With one exception: I have no idea on how to approach guys. I am not effeminate, and I don't really dress gay at all. I'm not scared or against any of that- it's just not my style. So I feel like every time I try to approach a guy who's gay and make a friendship, it just doesn't work. I don't have the guts yet to just walk up and introduce myself. And even if I did- what would I say?! I need to learn how to be at ease around my type. Any suggestion?

2. Pocky

I think for guys like us it's harder to find other guys in random places. Just because we might get overlooked by not being outwardly gay and hence that mutual connection doesn't happen.

If you're in an environment where it's clear you're gay then I'm sure its much easier. Also if you can come out to other people then they can pass the word on to other gay guys they know and maybe you can meet though them.

I'm not really knowledgeable on the subject being in the same boat but this seems along the lines of advice I've gotten.

3. Johnviolist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks man. What do you say to guys when you meet them?

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone