1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't take this anymore.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lebowski45, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Lebowski45

I can't take any of this anymore. Someone please tell me what the fucking point is, because I just don't know anymore. I just want to fucking die. I wish I cpould escape my mind, I know that's what the real problem is, and I just wish I could turn it off. I feel like I have so much love for everyone, and yet I feel so alone. Its even like my best friend cant be arsed with me anymore. I told him yesterday that I was feeling depressed again and he didnt hear me because he was too busy texting his new girlfiend. It makes me feel depressed. I have absolutely no one in life. I wish I could just make everything go away.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)

The next time you want/need to talk to your friend, ask him to just listen to you for a few minutes, without texting his girlfriend or somebody else. If he is a good friend, he should understand. Do you have any other friends with whom you could talk about how you feel?

It's great that you have 'so much lover for everyone' and it would definitely make you a great friend to have, but are you also taking care of your own needs? Are you placing yourself first at times as well?

Given that you feel depressed, and it doesn't seem to get better, have you tried talking with someone, such as a counselor, who could give you some feedback on how to overcome the depression?

3. flymetothemoon

I'm so sorry you're feeling that way, and sorry that your friend was too busy with his girlfriend to hear you when you needed him. Have you considered going to see a counselor? I think it might help you. I went through a period where I was dealing with a lot of things and feeling very isolated even though I had friends, and when I went to a counselor they were able to really help me be able to process my feelings and over time, come out of the depression. I won't say I never have thoughts of depression any more, but I know how to process them and deal with them now, and that's a big step towards being healthier and happier. I think it really might be a big help to you. It would also give you someone who you know will listen when you need someone. Maybe your friend didn't realize how much you needed him at that moment, or maybe he's getting wrapped up in his own excitement about the new girlfriend and isn't paying attention to anything else right now (which sucks, but it does happen and will probably stop eventually). But you know a counselor will always be there to listen.

4. Lebowski45

Thank you both for your replies, they meant a lot to me. Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond.

I finally went to get help, and I've been put on anti-depressants. So far they seem ok but I'm not sure how it'll go. I feel ok this now though. I'd be open to counselling but I think my doctor wants to try me with pills first, so I'll go with what he thinks.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

5. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Sorry to hear about your situation, depression sucks. The advice already given to you is very good and I just want to add that I think counselling should be used before taking any pills.

I went through a tough period once and my counsellor made me think differently about things, which in turn made me change. One good bit of advice I was given was that I need more good stuff in my life such as doing things that I enjoy like a hobby, playing a sport or computer game etc. Then from occupying myself and looking froward to these things I would feel better about myself and in turn, progress mentally. Pills can help of course but I think counselling is much better, you need to let it all out and have someone there to help you with what ever is troubling you.

All the best mate.

#5 JackAttack, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  6. RainyViolinist

(*hug*) Stay strong :slight_smile:. I can't promise, but more often than not things get better with time. Just hold on, and it will come.