1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I so against being bisexual?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to be fine with that idea, but then that idea became disgusting to me. I even came out to a few people as bisexual and now I regret it. I don't really understand why it disgusts me. I'd rather be a lesbian for some reason. I'm sorry I'm posting so many threads about this. I just want to resolve this issue.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well we can't tell you what you think, but we can ask you questions to help you figure it out.

You say it disgusts you. When you think "I'm bisexual" what thoughts go through your mind.
    WHY do you feel you would rather be lesbian?
    Do you find yourself with external pressures, for example people telling you that bisexuality doesn't exist or that it's just people who don't have the guts to come out.?

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I often think about bisexual girls who I hate and I just feel disgusted. I would rather be a lesbian because because I'm not that attracted to guys and is know that being out as bisexual makes it harder to date girls. I also want to avoid male attention. I feel disgusted when I get male attention. It would be simpler to explain all this if I could just be a lesbian.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple of things it is worth remembering.

Being bisexual will not make you less attractive to guys. Heck it might even turn the worse kind of guys on more! (I can see them no, high fiving in the locker room chanting THREESOME THREESOME THREESOME!).

If you're not attracted to guys, you don't need to worry about the label, if you wouldn't datte a guy and would feel uncomfortable with it then don't worry about it.

You don't know all bisexual girls. I don't know why you hate the ones you DO know, but some of us are pretty great!

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Being bisexual will not make you less attractive to guys. Heck it might even turn the worse kind of guys on more! (I can see them no, high fiving in the locker room chanting THREESOME THREESOME THREESOME!).

That's part of the problem.

If you're not attracted to guys, you don't need to worry about the label, if you wouldn't datte a guy and would feel uncomfortable with it then don't worry about it.

I can't really tell if I like guys or not. When I tell people that I like girls they always seem to assume that I'm bisexual or even going through a phase. I think it's because of my feminine appearance. I bet if I was more of a tomboy I wouldn't have this problem. It just makes me so mad. I haven't come out to anyone in two years because of this.

You don't know all bisexual girls. I don't know why you hate the ones you DO know, but some of us are pretty great!
    To be honest I don't know any bisexual girls in the real world. I just hate celebrities like Tila Tequila and Megan Fox. Those girls just disgust me.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a lesbian wouldn't make you less attractive either, might even make you a challenge! Some guys are weird!

If you're not sure, then focus on girls. If it turns out you find a specific guy, then go for it why not, but if you are definitely attracted to girls and not really bothered about guys there's no reason to sit and worry about them...as for people assuming you might be bi or going through a phase, who exactly thinks that? Does there opinion matter to you? How often does it come up?

We all hate those people! :grin:

7. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm mostly worried about being unattractive to girls. There is a lot of things about me that can make me unattractive to guys.

My mom and probably everyone else I have come out to. That is why I haven't come out in two or three years. Maybe "butching up" a bit will make people take me more seriously.

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If butching up isn't you, don't do it! Your mum and everyone else are unfortunately entitled to their stupid opinion no matter how wrong it might be...ultimately you dont have anything to prove to them or anyone else for that matter.

It's a pain in the neck to have to put up with some ass telling you how YOU feel, but there's no sense changing yourself just to convince them they are wrong

9. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    Honestly, I'm right there with you.

I really don't want to tell people I'm bi because when I hear someone say they are bi I almost roll my eyes.

I feel like so many 'bi' people (mostly just girls) do it because it's somehow cool, it's hot to guys, and they want to be different. I've known girls who say they are bi just to get attention. I just don't want that to be it. It's just the connotation that bisexual has, I'd say it's almost more unacceptable than gay/lesbian. It seems like it is anyway, my close friend is bi, and when people talk about her they say, "Yeah she's 'bi' *rolls eyes*" and they even use air quotes, and she's even with a girl!

I just don't know man...I'd say I identify more pansexual but, I use bi because it's 'easier'.

Hopefully we can get over our hang ups of bisexuality.

10. fundrop22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know the feeling. I rather be gay then bisexual cause I always thought you should just like one gender not both. Idk why but my mind is like that.

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    fundrop, that is probably because some part of your mind wrongly equates attraction to both sexes to an inability to love just one person, which is alarmingly common...