1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London and I'm going crazy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by etiggy, Oct 8, 2013.

1. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    So, I've been London for a week now, arrived at the night of the 1st of October, so generally speaking yes, seven days. The city is nice, obviously I have not been able to check out a lot of things, but been to a few places, got a few friends, even get a job offer that is disgustingly tailored to my former work experiences, so things should be fine all in all. Should be. It turns out London is pretty much upside-down in a certain thing: you cannot find a room or a flat to rent until you are employed and even then it's pretty f*cking hard if you are a tall, white boy from the middle of Europe.
    I have replied to countless ads, mostly got no replies at all, visited a few places but got the feeling that people are generally hated me from the first moment on. I'm officially a racial minority. I tried to offer double deposits, more rent, god knows what else, they don't care, they don't give a shit.
    Thing is, how the hell am I supposed to agree to a job whitout a place to stay??? If I don't have a cosy room to go home I won't stay in a city, why should I sing a contract with any company then?
    My head hurts, my nose got swelled again, my bloodpressure is over the roof and I'm clearly and obviously pissed.
    I got one more week in this bnb and I got nowhere with the most important thing yet.
    Just got back from the supermarket and I decided, I'm not gonna eat until this whole situation is resolved.
    I can't take it anymore, it's over my limit, it's just too much.
    If I starve f*ck it, still better then living on the street. :tantrum:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    London is notorious for being difficult to find accommodations. Hang in there, you may have to find a roommate :eek:. Is your potential employer willing to help?

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Plenty of websites around for people wanting to rent a room in a house...
    (B&B is the pits)

4. Miss Loopy

I know London is a bitch to travel around, but perhaps go more towards the outskirts?

5. tryhtwfr

With the conservatives in power, of course it'll be hard to find accommodation and a good job. Hang in there :slight_smile:

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    London accommodation is tricky and really expensive but hang in there, im sure you will get there, do any of the friends you have made know anyone who is looking for a room mate or there are lots of websites you can look on.

7. Amerigo

nobody lives in central london. central london is populated by tourists only.

8. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    I'm kind of freaked out. Never ever was I in such a vulnerable position. I know eventually it will work out, but until then I'm shaking like a leaf in every waking minute.

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could try the outskirts of London as long as its near a train route travelling shouldn't be too bad.