1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same-Name relationships??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maea96, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I heard from my friend that she knows 3 gay dudes (not including me) named markus... and my name is markus. Unfortunately for me, they are much older. Like 20, 22 and so on. (I am 17) And I have no experience being in a relationship + not 100% comfortable being open yet, even though I am getting there (a loooot of people know) + they are closeted!

Do I just suffer from fatality or something? lol, anyway, on to point...
    hearing about them made me think something I've never thought before: relationships where people have the same names. Does that happen? It must be really rare... I'd like your thoughts on this people, because in my opinion I feel like it would just be too weird for me..

But everyone are different, so you never know.
    discuss :slight_smile:

2. Gallatin

Oh yes, they happen. One of my former roommates ended up dating a guy who not only had the same first name, but the same middle name too. I can't even imagine what the odds of that are!

As far as myself, I feel like it'd probably be a challenge. And I'm certain it would be pretty strange at first. But I suppose if you really like the person, it's something you get used to.

3. AKTodd

I knew a couple like this back in Arizona. Scott and Scott (or ScottnScott as virtually all of us called them - did you know that as a couple you morph into a single unified being?). They were a really nice couple and never seemed to be bothered by the name issue.

In many cases gay male couples start being referred to as 'the boys' as well, regardless of what their names are. You get used to it.

Todd:slight_smile: