1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm going to have a full blown melt down!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sully, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Sully

I made this thread earlier http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gener...ly-due-torrments-coming-out-what-do-i-do.html

But now, I'm just feeling completely over whelmed!

I'm struggling at uni, I can't stop thinking about my sexuality, my computer with my wor on it has died and mum will kill me if she finds out, my exams are comic up and I need my work! It's all so much and I just have no fucking clue what to do. I could tak to y mum by I hate opening up, I play it so cool all the time and it would just be completely out of the blue if I had a freak out!

I'm fucked for uni, and although failing subjects isn't the end of the world, it is just so worrying!

I'm so over whelmed, fortunately I don't suffer from anxiety issues or depression, but it's all too much right now.

2. blueberrymuffin

College is usually a good environment to come out. It's not worth having a "full blown melt down" over. It's easy to see every worst possible outcome, but imagine that you do this and your worries might be over. If you focus on this possibility instead, turning your grades and social life back around, that can give you that push to go thru with it.

You're right, it's exhausting and time consuming. The thing is, it's gonna continue being that way until you do come out. It has to be done. Even if you go to a therapist, staying in the closet isn't option for you. Tell one or two people and reassess how you feel at that point.

3. JaesonD2

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Just know there is an entire community right here backing you up fully. :slight_smile:

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you are letting the sexuality issues wreck everything. College, while you are there, should be your focus and flunking out would be a great disappointment. Especially if you are reading a subject you enjoy and intend to use the qualifications to get a decent job in the future.

Can you not ...
    - get your computer fixed. It is not uncommon for computers to crash and your mum should understand these things happen. She might even loan you money for a new one or a repair, or to take it to a data recovery place
    - focus on repairing the academic damage (with special chats with your tutors so they understand what you are going through and they realise you are keen to complete)
    - sideline your coming out issues for the time being. They are clearly messing with your life. Make that 'Phase 2' and deal with it when it feels right. Perhaps plan ahead for counselling or therapy in the new year? Ask yourself "why the rush? What is forcing you to mess up your head and pull down your academic path?

If you can't 'sideline' the sexuality issues, see the college counsellor to discuss how to manage things alongside your academic studies. That is what they are there for - and it will not cost you a penny.

ps: On the computer thing... get a data back-up system in place for the future. Either online systems (like Mozy) or a remote hard drive [relatively cheap] or you risk losing everything again.