1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay... So why am I getting feelings for girls? Confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now...

Despite my previous threads why my head was all over the place I am finally getting things sorted in my life... slowly but surely, hopefully. I am getting CBT for my anxiety but unsure as to when it will start or how long it will take to start as I am waiting for call from doctors. Anyways I am getting off topic.

So... I'm gay. I know I am. I came out over a year ago and I'd known for a while I was having feelings towards to guys. I was attracted to them. But as of late I am getting feelings for girls.

Like I can imagine being in a relationship with one, the whole kissing, etc etc and I am really confused. I mean I can't be straight but... Am I gay. I have no experience of having a relationship with either sex but at the same time I don't want to risk hurting someones feelings. I can see myself falling in love and having a relationship with either. So... Am I bi, or gay but curious about having a relationship with a girl.

I'm confused. This isn't me wishing I could be straight, I am genuinely starting to get feelings for girls. Is it just a phase?

Relationships aren't something you can just try out, it's not a computer game and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Do I just live life as it comes? Do consider myself bi or see with sex I fall for first?

I'm just ???????????????????? at the moment

Anyone else have this experience or had it or any advice?

It would really help.

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I know you said you've never been in a relationship with either sex, but have you ever been with someone of either sex? Like, try kissing a guy, then try kissing a girl, and see which one leaves you all warm fuzzy feelings inside. That's what worked for me in ultimately settling my straight-bi-gay confusion.

If you're having feelings for girls, that doesn't mean you've stopped having feelings for boys, it's possible you are bi?

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Nah

When I said I haven't been in a relationship with either I thought that covered the whole "never kissed etc etc"

I don't think I've stopped having feelings for guys but these feelings for girls are all strange and new and have me curious as to if they could also be true

4. Everyone's different. I had a lesbian friend who has pretty strong feelings for boys, yet she doesn't find the male body appealing at all, hence the reason she identifies as lesbian. Most people are probably like this on some level. In my case, I still kind of feel tiny pangs for certain women, but they seem so small and insignificant since my discovery of my feelings for the same sex.

5. RainyViolinist

You sound like you may be biromantic like myself, but your sexual orientation is strictly gay. I too feel like I could fall for either sex, but I am really only sexually attracted to men. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It helps and then doesn't

Cuz I kinda sorted imagine the sexual side with a girl and it doesn't make me go "ugh". I actually think it would nice and all that. I'm just really confused whether I should allow Thea feelings to continue. Like if a girl ever did ask me out do I accept or do I accept but tell of my situation or do I just ignore the feeling all together.

I mean the likely hood of being asked out by either sex is highly unlikely to happen but I'm just... Really confused. These feelings are really new and really bizarre.

Could it be just a phase?