1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there such thing as a "vibe"?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by applepie, Oct 11, 2013.

?

Do you believe in "vibes"?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe?

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So i've known this girl for a few years, and for some reason I kinda got a lesbian vibe from her... It's hard to explain. Its not the way she looks/dresses/something she is consciously doing... Is it just all in my head then? Or is this normal?

Also, how would I go about subtly flirting with her? just to figure out if she'd be interested? Since we work at the same place I wouldn't want to freak her out and have it be awkward around her all the time.

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The same actually happened to me the other day. I saw a girl on the street and my first reaction was "hey, she has a gay vibe". Except that there was nothing what would shout 'gay'. But I have no feedback if she is or is not lesbian so it's really hard to tell :rolle:

About the subtle flirting, I'd probably show interest in her work, praise her work a little, maybe compliment her clothes/make up, ask some advice from her, or offer a help, etc. If you make yourself tea/coffee, ask her if she also wants some (I used this one a lot :icon_wink). Be a good listener. You can add some eye contact (but not much to avoid staring), but no touching at this point and pay attention to her body language.