1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something seriously wrong with me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

So last summer I lost control of myself and self harmed and the like. This was down to huge worries about my sexuality and the people around me.

Anyway I got myself better, came out, got a boyfriend etc. now things are getting worse again, sometimes I just feel awful sometimes, these feelings have come out of nowhere again. I don't know what has caused them or anything, but I sometimes want to hurt myself, the only thing stopping me is this LGBT pride tattoo I got on my arm (I wanted something positive on there and since my sexuality is part of me and nothing to be ashamed of and won't change) and well its stopping me from hurting myself .

Its like I just get mood swings for no reason out of nowhere

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like it might be worth seeing a doctor over, if feeling this bad is creating dangerous urges for you.

3. GirlWhoWaited

I have been battling depression for over a decade, so I understand the feeling. It can be easy to want to hurt yourself when your demons are all inside you. You should absolutely see someone. It can only help. But, in those little moments, try finding something or someone that makes you laugh. This is what works for me. Go out with a group of friends and be ridiculous and silly. It'll let off some steam and help to push the pain down until you can get your head straight. But mostly, go see a doctor. If it's chemical, it'll take more than a few laughs. Take care of this before it's a major problem. (*hug*)