1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I talk to him?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jameson, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Jameson

Hey guys, I have a pretty deep question to ask. So I'm in eleventh grade right now, a junior, and I'm still sort of crushing on this guy, read this thread for more info: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/74172-high-school-crush-dilemma.html

So basically I got really close to this straight guy (we were also locker buddies) in 9th grade and by the end of the year he seemed like he liked me back, because he seemed so genuinely happy to see me and was really flirtatious.
    Then 10th grade happened, by this time the crushship (new word?) had ended, mostly after I felt like I was being ignored and he asked the new girl out to a dance. Every once and while we had a moment, but nothing really matched what we, or what I thought we had during freshman year.

So now it's junior year, and he's become super obnoxious and every chance he gets he tries to assert his heterosexuality, especially by acting all jock-y and flirting with every girl he sees right in front of me. I know me being silent on this matter just perpetuates my bitterness and resentment, so I've resolved I should talk to him and ask/tell him mostly everything. Please note that I am in no way interested in rekindling a relationship or starting a romantic one, I just want to talk to him.

My advice is... Should I even ask in the first place? Or should I just leave it be?
    I want to ask what all happened in 9th grade and why we weren't close anymore, and I just want to know his side.

If I do pull him aside, what should I say, based on you guys' personal experience?

Anyways, sorry for the long, ranting post. Also, if you want to go a little more in depth of my story, please click the link above to read my post from last November. Any and all advice is welcome!

2. William

1.Cruship is my new word
    2.What the hell do you have to lose? Go for it!

3. Waffles

Depending on how close you guys are now...
    If you two are still kinda good friends, then I say sure. If you and your friend were to switch positions, would you want him to bring it up?
    On the other hand, if you guys are almost strangers, then I'd focus more on getting back to familiar status before asking.

Best of luck!