1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to say?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redneck, Oct 16, 2013.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was yesterday? Funny thing is I actually did come out to someone yesterday and I didn't realise it was NCOD until I got home and saw a youtube vid where the girl was upset that she forgot.

The f***ed up thing is I'm not sure why I told this guy. He works on a different line than I do and our breaks don't line up, so even though I've seen him in the plant I'd never even said 'Hi' until yesterday. When we run nuggets I work the front of the line and someone missed yesterday so he was working next to me. (Ok at this point you are probably wandering. Yes he's kinda cute but I'm not crushing on him). Anyway at break we were the only people in the smoking area. So we start talking and the common ground we found was come we were both looking to find a cheap place to live (he's crashing on a friends couch after a breakup and I've been staying with my parents) we were discussing different hotels as to price, how clean, and if had wifi.

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2013 at 05:56 AM ----------

I made a comment to the effect of " I don't give a shit if the TV works or not but I'll go ape shit w/o internet". When he asked why I just tried to dismiss it with a comment like 'social media' but then he kept pressing as to which sites. To my suprise I herd what sounded like my voice say "I'm gay and I'd go nuts w/o EC". I'm pretty sure it shocked me more than him because the conversation turned and he said he was cool with it because growing up his mom and older brother were both gay. He also mentioned another LGBT bar that was more of a laid back atmosphere instead of a club scene and pointed me in the direction of several LGBT groups boty locally and on the web.

I still don't know why I chose to tell him. I have been emotionally numb for a while and hiding in the closet wasn't helping so maybe my subconscious mind just reached out for help? Anyway if dude is sincere (seemed to be) I seemed to find the right hand when I reached.

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2013 at 06:15 AM ----------

The above is a story I posted on a thread about NCOD. I figured it was easier on people to copy and paste it instead of posting a link to bounce around the forums.

Anyway that was Friday and I returned to work today (work four-tens). While I was passing by this guy today (to be honest I am terrible with names and have forgot his) at work he said he had a gay friend that wanted him to give me his number. I'd really like to try to connect with the gay community in my area but if I call 'C' what would I say? The guy at work obviously had a conversation with him about me but I have have no information about him. I don't know if dude is 19 or 97. Fem or masculine. Black, white, green, purple, or polka-dotted. The only things I know about him are. His name is 'C', his phone number, and he likes guys. If I were to call 'C' what would I say? I mean really I could pick up a phone book start dialing numbers and asking 'Are you gay' anybody who says 'yes' I'd know as much about as I do about 'C'.

2. Abbra

Maybe just try to meet up with him casually, and make the casual part perfectly clear. Explain to him how you aren't quite ready to date yet and see if maybe he could show you around the gay community a little bit. Or maybe even just have a conversation with him on the phone so you could get an idea about what he's like and decide from there.

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ". Or maybe even just have a conversation with him on the phone so you could get an idea about what he's like and decide from there"

Thats what I'd like to do, but I always feel awkward talking on the phone plus I know nothing about 'C'. If I had any small nugget of common ground I could muddle through and let the conversation go where it wants from there but basically I'd be grasping at straws just to find a starting point. I was gonna ask the dude at work to tell me a bit about 'C' today (just enough to get a conversation started) but he didn't come in today.

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2013 at 06:49 AM ----------

". Or maybe even just have a conversation with him on the phone so you could get an idea about what he's like and decide from there"

Thats what I'd like to do, but I always feel awkward talking on the phone plus I know nothing about 'C'. If I had any small nugget of common ground I could muddle through and let the conversation go where it wants from there but basically I'd be grasping at straws just to find a starting point. I was gonna ask the dude at work to tell me a bit about 'C' today (just enough to get a conversation started) but he didn't come in today.

4. Abbra

Yeah, definitely wait and ask your coworker about him. After that, just decide where to go from there and if you feel comfortable.