1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is being small or cute relationship material?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lil boi, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil boi

I dislike the fact that I'm short and skinny. I mean I'm Asian to, but it's still not an excuse. I'm not as skinny as few guys I know but I still feel weak and helpless and I hate that. People also look at me as if I'm too weak or small to do something and it annoys me. I also don't get why big guys are jealous of us skinny guys. I don't find us as attractive as bigger guys. I'm kinda jealous of the bigger guys I know who wished they were skinnier because they're stronger and more protective. The only plus side I know about being small is that I've been called cute and adorable, but that never got me any dates, just old people pinching my cheeks. (and maybe some friends who aren't as intimidated by me) :/

But I do have to say I do like shorter guys who around my height. I don't know why but I like cute people for some reason as well. But I don't exactly have a preference on physical attributes as in personality attributes. I have always fallen for a guy or girl who acts cute/modest for some reason.

2. LD579

That's not relationship material anymore than the fact that I have brown eyes is relationship material. It's just a trait... you know? People out there certainly have preferences for smaller people, for what it's worth.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are you talking about, skinny guys are the best! They're the only kind I'd go for, actually.

4. LILuke

Short skinny guys are the best, trust me there is nothing wrong with being cute.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Put it this way, I'd KILL to be small and cute, we can switch skeletons whenever you like!

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny.. I was "eying up" someone in a cafe who exactly fits your description only about an hour ago!!

Yum ... In my book you have nothing you need to change!!!

7. Jared

Short, skinny, cute Asian guy, you just described my boyfriend pretty well. I know a lot of guys who like short/skinny guys, personally I really like short guys, I think they're really cute :slight_smile:

8. KazTastic

I don't see why being small and skinny wouldn't make someone relationship material. Just like with any other body type, different people have different preferences.

I personally prefer smaller guys - I enjoy being in the "protective" role that is near-impossible to have with a larger guy.

Don't forget, you're only 17, it's no big deal if you don't find someone straight away. I know plenty of people older than you who have never been in a relationship.

9. lil boi

Aha, I know I'm still young but I get a little jealous of my friends from time to time. They all have been in long-term relationships and I've only been in one, and it only lasted a week. >.<

I think I just come off as child from how I look. I do like that I have a sort of baby face but I feel like it makes others look at me as more of a fragile child. And it irritates me.

10. Drago2012

As some people said above, you're only 17. Don't fret it, I've only had 2 long relationships and I'm almost 30. Though you shouldn't focus on how many relationships you've had, I don't think it's a good way to measure your worth.
    And, like others said, I find cute and small guys to be adorable and perfect lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    EDIT: Oh yeah, I love your Pikachu avatar, its super adorable :slight_smile:

11. Pete1970

There is a guy who works at the bank i go to, who i have a big crush on, who is relatively short maybe 5'8'? and definitely cute.

12. Dalmatian

Short, skinny, Asian? ... sigh...

That's all I have to say :slight_smile:

13. Seagypsy

I love short, cute, skinny guys! :slight_smile: I am a girl but alot of the guys I like are gay...

My current (female) crush is also short, skinny AND Asian... :wink:

14. Gen

Gen

They might be big, but we're fast and scrappy!

As has already been said, there will be people who will admire you exactly as you are. Society tries to enforce this idea of the tall, muscular male, but that isn't really the staple of attraction. Though I think people with smaller frames or younger features do have to be more careful of the type of attention they are receiving. It's easily to be subjected to fetishization.

15. Seagypsy

Tall and muscular might be attractive to many straight girls, because those traits are both very masculine, they represent strength, a man to lean on and look up to. BUT - I don't go for that, and neither do many other people in the LGBT community, whether male or female - I am not feminine enough myself to want a partner who is strong and macho. I like to "look after" my partners as much as to be looked after by them :wink:

It's a common trait amongst LGBT people not to be attracted to the epitome of masculine or feminine, because we like more of a mix of traits :slight_smile:

16. Caitlin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You definitely sound like "boyfriend material" to me. Some people like small people, others don't. Just as some people like bigger people and some don't. It's all just personal preference. Your size doesn't determine who you are and does not make you any less "boyfriend material" than anyone else.

17. Daydream Harp

I prefer cute guys over "big manly men" myself, and as it has been said before it's pretty subjective between each person. You shouldn't worry to much about ending up alone, I am sure you will find someone nice someday.

18. Grimm

Small and cute is definitely my preference. But it is just a preference, not a prerequisite. There're people out there with preferences for everything, so I wouldn't worry. You've still got plenty of time to find someone who loves you for you.

19. biggayguy

Hi dreamboat! I love short, slender, Asian guys.

20. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming from someone who is 5'5: I like shorter guys and girls. I admit it, I get caught up in a Napoleon complex, like when I am high off the ground or on a really high building or something. I like small (or at least when things appear smaller) so I feel bigger lol
    And cuteness adds to it. Weight doesn't bother me at all either honestly. You could be as skinny as a rail.. or on the heavy side, and you could end up attractive to me. I know I'm not the only one who thinks like this, so keep your hopes up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.