1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight, lesbian or bisexual? Please help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lilysloane, Oct 16, 2013.

1. lilysloane

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Before this thought got Into my head. I had absolutely no notion or thought there was a possibility that I could be lesbian or bisexual. I have had crushes on at least 3 guys and I've never liked a girl before. However, after this thought like what if I were lesbian or bisexual got into my head, I've been freaking out because I really don't want to be lesbian or bisexual. But then I'll try to imagine myself kissing a girl so as to prove to myself that I am straight. But sometimes yes it's gross. But then I'm afraid that it's just because I'm not imagining it properly and I am in fact les or bi. Or other times it's just neutral or it feels neutral. Like it's not gross but I don't feel anything towards it either. Is it just because I've imagined it too many times and am sick of it? And then now when I try to distract myself from these thoughts, when I watch a show I find myself looking at pretty girls and thinking they're hot and I look at their legs too. My friend says she's 100% sure I'm straight. But I'm still really scared. (Not that there's anything wrong with being either. I just don't want to be one) is it just because I'm so conscious that I keep looking? Please help!!! I really don't want to be lesbian or bi. And the imagining thing is really freaking me out cause I don't want to be one and then sometimes I really don't feel anything

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a bad thing to be a lesbian or bisexual. Mind me asking why you have such a strong aversion to the idea of possibly being one? Sorry that you're feeling so confused but honestly I just think you are curious that's all. Also it's just a matter of attraction just because you are straight does not mean you won't think another girl is attractive it's when you want to do more than look, that would probably set off the alarms in your head. There is nothing wrong with admiring beauty or noticing people that are attractive. I myself do it all the time with guys just because I am lesbian does not mean I do not find men attractive it's just the idea of of being with them physically or emotionally that grosses me out. So your fine. Hope I was able to help.

3. lilysloane

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you. So I'm not lesbian or bisexual right? And not that I have anything against lesbian or bisexuals. I just really don't want to be one myself. How would I know if I were bi or lesbian?

4. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my honest opinion I don't think you are but then again I'm not you so I can't really answer for you. The way I was able to tell if I was a lesbian for sure was, I thought about my life and how it would it be if I ended up with a guy or if I ended up with a girl. I also looked at both guys and girls and noticed that, yeah while some guys were good looking I could never really see myself being with them and the thought of even kissing a dude repulsed me. One day I knew for sure because I saw a couple walk by me and I instantly became jealous of the guy. I was angry and jealous of him because he could do what I at the time couldn't and that's how I knew.

5. RollTide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You are so right!