1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to pinpoint why i feel empty

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I feel empty. I don't know why I feel empty. I spend most of my time and effort trying to make myself look impressive. I don't know what to do to make myself feel any better. I obsess over my job (work it IT) and I feel like I've reached my peak because I'm too stupid to advance my career. I feel empty, like I don't really have anything special to make me happy. My parents are super nagative which makes me even more negative. Sometimes I think making more money and or meeting new people would make me happy. I feel like I'm turning into some dull asshole loaner. I don't know what to do to fix it.

Guess this turned into more of a rant haha.

Anyone ever go through something similar as a teenager?

2. Abbra

I still feel that way at times, but the thing is, I think I was doing so bad because I was heading in the wrong direction. Now I'm the same age as you, and I think for us it could just be part of maturing. However, maybe you need to do something new?

For the couple of weeks, I have been making YouTube videos. They aren't very good yet, I'm not going to lie to you. But I started making them spur of the moment, and even though I've just started, I feel better than I have in years. I realize that I wasn't taking to do things that actually fulfilled me. Just by taking the time to make something that I enjoy making, my mood has been improving dramatically. Not only that, but giving advice to people on here gave me a purpose, even if it's a small one. Even though I'm still pretty lost on what I specifically want to do, I know I want it to involve other people so that I can make them happy.

Maybe you need to just ignore your parents and find your purpose. Who knows, it could be right next to you right now.

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I have this fear that I will never "make it" in life, so I don't spend a whole lot of time looking for my purpose. I'm too busy obsessing about how to advance my career and image. I don't even know where to start looking for something that fulfills me.