1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of us too shy or not sure how to get into the dating game

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PeytonRose, Oct 17, 2013.

1. PeytonRose

So I found an app recently that was right up my alley. I'm not very good at going out and finding dates and prefer them to come to me. That said, I don't like bars or clubs just because it's noisy and most people are too drunk to form any lasting bond with.

Anyways, through some research I found an app that allows you to create a basic profile with one picture on it. Find other guys close by you and chat away. That easy. Seriously. I found another like minded guy and we've been chatting nonstop for the last couple of days.

It is only for bi, bi curious, and gay guys. It's all guys all the time :slight_smile: Ladies? I did some research and there is an app that is pretty much the same exact thing.

I know there are people out there like me that have just figured out this new chapter of their lives and trying to readjust. I've read a couple threads now where people have been trying to figure out a way back into the dating game. Figured I'd share this since thus far, it has worked quite nicely for me :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2013 at 10:11 PM ----------

Whoops, didn't realize that I couldn't mention the name of the apps on here, so I edited my post. Just know that the apps are out there :wink:

#1 PeytonRose, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. mpac21

Yeh, I've actually been curious about the same actually. It is not that I am anti-social or anything, I like being social for the most part!!! (Just sort of shy at first, a little social anxiety sometimes, something I'm working to get over finally :astonished: ..tis the whole "breaking the ice" thing) I've definitely considered the apps but am wary about the guys I am to find. Some only want hookups, which I'm not really interested in right now... I consider myself a pretty confident person but with the whole dating thing...its kinda new I guess lol

I guess it might be something I need to get over but still... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's new territory nonetheless....there's some anxiety..heh >_< How much concern did you have beforehand??

3. PeytonRose

I still have concerns about it and I get hit on probably at least once a day. But at the same time there are actually legitment people out there just looking for a relationship, something more than just a random hookup.

Like myself :wink:

Honestly I keep thinking to myself that you won't know unless you give it a try right?

Just be prepared for getting hit on (a lot) and a lot of guys who don't show their faces in their pictures or show the shirtless pic...A lot of those...)

4. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've thought about using apps like that or going to a dating website but I'm hesitant to try it out. My parents and siblings are constantly telling me about being careful on the internet and you never really know who may be out there lurking. I mean it's smart to be safe because it's true you don't really know who you are dealing with. I want to try it but the fear of who your talking to keeps me from going through with it.

5. mpac21

It's a good point. You truly will never know unless you give an attempt. That's a good reason for myself as well to go forward. There will be some crappy people out there but that doesn't mean one will not find a diamond in the rough as well! :slight_smile: We just need to have a good instinct for the people we meet it seems :thumbsup:

Truly exploring is better than the alternative of never knowing what could of been...

6. PeytonRose

I concur sir :slight_smile::thumbsup:

7. tex st

tex st Guest

I'd love to try out an application (or a website) that has a more "traditional" old-school feel to it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. PeytonRose

It's not really old school. It's a basic profile that you make, find a guy that catches your eye and just chat with them. The app only shows you people decently close to you so that's always a plus.

9. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am an incredibly shy person. And the times that I have tried to talk to potential people online always made me feel weird and wrong, so I ended up not talking to them anymore. That and meeting other women in this town is close to impossible.

10. TABonifacio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am the same way...I'm not anti-social but just am shy. I've had guys flirt with me before but I'm always to gosh darned shy to flirt back. I think I might know what App you are talking about...Maybe one day somebody will notice me. (YEAH RIGHT, LOL.)

11. PeytonRose

It's only a matter of time. And really it's a ego boost when you get hit on at least once a day...

12. confused1234

I just joined the same app, and wow, I'm getting inundated with messages and guys hitting on me. Looks like I'm gonna do better with guys than I ever did or ever will with girls :slight_smile:.